Director of Operations
- Posted: 19 days ago
The Bowery Mission is a holistic, Christian faith-based organization that exists to promote the flourishing of New Yorkers overcoming homelessness and marginalization. The Director of Operations supports this mission by being responsible for strategic leadership and vision by directly overseeing the Facilities, Security, Janitorial, Food Services, and Logistics teams across six sites in New York and Pennsylvania.
As the Director of Operations, the successful candidate will develop operations across the mission to contribute to safe and trauma-informed residential communities that foster positive and growing relationships with God and others. You will develop and administer unified policies and procedures governing Operations. As an effective people manager, you will administer recruitment and retention strategies to build a highly engaged team. Your managerial style and approach toward staff development will create an empowering and positive culture that will set goals to provide an excellent guest/client experience and achieve desired outcomes. You are also a collaborative team leader who can comfortably reach across the aisle to other stakeholders to support and sustain organizational goals and standards.
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer (COO)
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as a key strategic thinker and creative problem solver for the operations of the mission
- Implement and maintain organization-wide systems and processes to achieve high performance as measured by the organization’s vision statement
- Build and manage a team of senior staff leaders who oversee the following areas: Food Services, Facilities, and vehicle management, the operations of our Retreat Center business, and the management of the logistics team which includes GIK
- Foster an open channel of communication between Operations and the Program, Finance, and Development teams
- Develop and manage budget, maximizing gifts-in-kind partnerships and grants
- Ensure that the proper management of resources, distribution of services to clients and guests, and analyses of systems are conducted
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience and expertise in leading all aspects of operations.
- Embrace the organization’s Statement of Faith and adhere to Employee Handbook
- High integrity that builds trust with internal and external stakeholders to meet organizational objectives
- Humility and integrity reflective of emotional and spiritual maturity.
- Comfortable in a fast paced, results-driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and implement new initiatives to increase efficiencies and effectiveness within a team
- Project management experience and ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong administrative and organizational skills with high-level attention to detail
- A demonstrated passion for the community served by The Bowery Mission
- Experience with population served or similar settings and growing passion for the homeless and those caught in cycles of poverty
- Prior experience as a Senior Leader within an operations team
- Experience supervising team through significant change
- Experience with project management software ASANA, Monday or similar
Salary commensurate with relevant education & experience: $92,000 to $100,000 per year
The Bowery Mission takes the health & safety of our staff, guests, clients, and volunteers very seriously, and especially as it relates to the current Covid-19 pandemic.
In partnership with the NYC Department of Health & Mental Hygiene, we have modified our services to stay up-to-date with the latest health and safety guidelines that continuously evolve based on new information and research. We greatly value the contributions of essential workers in roles like this one and have designed protocols around personal protective equipment, social distancing, cleaning and sanitation, and building capacity in order to protect our staff and those we serve.
The Bowery Mission
AddressNew York, NY
BusinessView all jobs at The Bowery Mission
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?