NOW HIRING FOR OUR OCTOBER TRAINING CLASS!
The Bowen Group has an outstanding opportunity for a Customer Service Representative to join our team. This is a full-time position in Salt Lake City. The Customer Service Representative provides front-line operational support for the Contact Center. In this role, you will respond to questions, issues and complaints pertaining to Veterans' services and concerns. Phone calls are from a wide variety of individuals including veterans, their family members and/or representatives, VA Employees.
The White House VA Hotline is a 24/7 Tier 1 Contact Center.
- Understand and explain Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) services or procedures
- Ask clarifying questions to identify complex or vague requests for VA services and information
- Accurately record details of calls and other service requests in an expected time frame
- Select appropriate VA services to meet the specific needs of customers
- Establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with VA employees, outside agencies and the public
- Utilize a multi-screen computer system including a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of callers
- Organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- One year of work experience in customer service environment. Previous Contact Center work preferred
- Ability to work under pressure including calm and effective dealing with escalating or difficult calls
- Capability to "think on your feet" to offer additional solutions to problems
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with the military and veteran community programs a plus
- U.S. Military Veteran or Veteran family members receive additional consideration
- Knowledge of VA benefits and entitlements as well as Veteran issues and concerns is a plus
- Ability to pass a federal NACI background check
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States- this is a Federal Government Contract; therefore, you must be a US Citizen or Permanent Residence Card (Green Card) Holder
100% Employee Paid Medical and Dental Insurance