Customer Service Representative - NOVA (FT)
- $17 Hourly
- Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
At Bowen, you will get:
- $16.73/ hr.
- 11 Paid Holidays.
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and more for FREE.
Interested? Read on...
The Customer Service Representative provides front-line operational support for the Veterans Experience Office's premier Contact Center. In this role, you will assist callers by directing them to proper resources to address questions, issues, and complaints. Phone calls are from a wide variety of individuals including Veterans and their family members and/or representatives.
This position is 100% virtual.
CORE FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand and explain Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) services or procedures.
- Ask clarifying questions to identify complex or vague requests for VA services and information.
- Accurately record details of calls and other service requests in an expected time frame.
- Select appropriate VA services to meet the specific needs of customers.
- Establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with VA employees, outside agencies and the public.
- Utilize a multi-screen computer system including a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of callers.
- Organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Six months of work experience in customer service and call center environment.
- Ability to hardwire to High Speed Internet (no Wi-Fi) with a minimum 25 mbps download without delay / Minimum 10 mbps upload without delay.
- Able to provide a work-at-home environment that is ergonomically sound, conducive to taking customer calls, quiet, and free from distraction.
- Ability to work under pressure including calm and effective dealing with escalating or difficult calls.
- Capability to "think on your feet" to offer additional solutions to problems.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with the military and veteran community programs is a plus.
- U.S. Military Veteran or Veteran family members receive additional consideration.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or a Green Card Holder.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Health and Dental Insurance - Employee Premiums 100% paid by Bowen.
- Group Life insurance - Employee Premiums 100% paid by Bowen.
- Short-term Disability - Employee Premiums 100% paid by Bowen.
- Generous vacation and sick leave.
- 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
The Bowen Group provides support to federal government clients. Some of these clients may require our employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Therefore, by applying for this position, you understand that you may be required to disclose your vaccination status as a condition of employment.
The Bowen Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring, and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant.
The Bowen Group is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Note: This accessibility is intended for individuals requiring accommodations and should not be used to check on the status of your application. Inquiries not specific to requesting accommodation will be discarded.
The Bowen Group participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
About The Bowen Group:
The Bowen Group has been strengthening the health and well-being of service members and the greater military community for more than 15 years. We take pride in providing employment opportunities for veterans, spouses and dependents who have first-hand knowledge of the military lifestyle. This institutional knowledge helps inform our strategy, strengthen our services and improve the lives of those who serve our country.Founded in 2004, Bowen is an industry leader specializing in strategic communications, mental health and wellness services and staffing. From new military spouses living on installation to a service member on his fourth overseas tour, our methodology reaches each member of the military community where they are. Our expert team fuses shared expertise and capabilities to deliver client’s message through a full range of targeted services. Bowen is a leader in the government services field, providing award-winning: – Researched-based strategic communications and digital engagement – Behavioral health and wellness services designed for the military community – Program management services allowing for informed decisions driving effective results.Based in the national capital region, Bowen has grown to a company of nearly 300 employees working across the country. We have shown time and again we are a trustworthy partner to our government entities, military organizations and fellow service providers and contractors.
The Bowen GroupChantilly, VA
BusinessView All The Bowen Group Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.