Help Desk Specialist
The Bowen Group, a values-led, industry leader in telehealth, health communications, and wellness services and staffing is searching for a Help Desk Specialist. This is a full-time position at the government site in Falls Church, VA.
Get ready to jump on board with the industry leader in the provision of wellness services to the military and veteran communities! The Bowen Group has an outstanding opportunity for a Help Desk Specialist to join our team supporting the Defense Health Agency.
This position is contingent upon award of a government contract. Level up in your career and support the military community at The Bowen Group.
The specific contract daily activities include:
- Uses oral and written communication skills to respond to inquiries and requests that come in through various channels, including social media, outreach, cases referred through the Customer Relationship Management System, telephone calls, and website.
- Resolves user problems with client-owned websites and applications.
- Troubleshoots user issues through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Walks customers through problem solving processes and solution steps.
- Researches difficult and complex problems.
- Tracks all call and message activity.
- Maintains a high level of courteous customer service at all times.
- Develops and documents business processes.
- Provides a monthly summary of customer support metrics and topics.
- Analyzes and identifies trends in issue reporting and provides recommendations for preventive solutions.
- Enters/tracks data and maintains repository.
- May perform administrative functions.
- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Tracking call progress and metrics.
- Managing call records.
- Using a ticketing system.
- Coordinating timelines and requirements across internal and external teams
- Consider the relative level of effort and benefits of potential actions to recommend the most appropriate one to accomplish the project task.
- Talk to users to convey information effectively over the telephone.
- Look for options and alternative options to help users based on current resources.
- Navigate a knowledge base to locate appropriate answers to users' questions.
- Express vital and critical information to the appropriate audience.
- Manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Engage, support, and collaborate with other members of the team, the company and the customer. Exchange ideas and strategies to plan work processes or developmental efforts. Review and provide feedback on developed work or planning.
- Plan, develop or conduct project tasks by leveraging subject matter expertise. Perform project tasks in accordance with best professional judgment, contract requirements, and established timelines and with the expected level of quality.
Education and Work Experience:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a communication-related discipline, computer science, or related field.
- Work Experience: Three or more years of relevant experience.
- Industry Knowledge:
- Principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Operation of telecommunications and ticketing systems.
- Principles and processes for providing internal customer services, including needs assessment, meeting quality assurance standards, and resolving internal and external customer requests.
- Methods of tracking and maintaining version control.
- Administrative and clerical procedures in accordance with the company's best practices.
- Microsoft Office familiarity.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be able to obtain a favorable background check
Benefits - We offer a comprehensive benefits package for Full-time Employees to include the following:
- Health, dental, vision
- Generous vacation and holiday leave
- Flexible Spending Account (medical and dependent)
- 401(k) + generous match
- Group Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Tuition assistance and/or professional development training
The Bowen Group provides support to federal government clients. Some of these clients may require our employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Therefore, by applying for this position, you understand that you may be required to disclose your vaccination status as a condition of employment.
The Bowen Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring, and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant.
The Bowen Group is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you have a disability and require assistance with our online application process, please tell us how we can help by contacting us at email@example.com
Note: This accessibility is intended for individuals requiring accommodations and should not be used to check on the status of your application. Inquiries not specific to requesting accommodation will be discarded.
The Bowen Group participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
The Bowen Group Inc.Falls Church, VA
TechnologyView All The Bowen Group Inc. Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.