Busy litigation law firm seeking a bright, experienced self-starter with a positive attitude to join our Personal Injury Litigation support team. Positions available in Denver, Colorado and Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years experience as a Litigation Paralegal
- Must be highly organized with a very strong attention to detail
- Will have experience monitoring attorney calendars to ensure all Litigation deadlines and appointments are properly scheduled
- Will have experience conducting pre-claim investigation, legal research and initial case assessments
- Will have experience drafting pleadings, motions and appellate documents and filing them with the court
- Will have experience maintaining pleadings and discovery indexes
- Will have experience organizing exhibits, documents, evidence, briefs and appendices
- Will have experience assisting attorneys with interrogatories and other discovery requests
- Will have experience gathering relevant information from a variety of sources
- Will have experience preparing medical specials; compiling, analyzing and summarizing data
- Will have experience scheduling depositions and preparing deposition materials
- Will have experience managing client treatment including interactions with medical providers and lien holders
- Will have experience preparing Demand packages to first and third party insurance companies
- Must enjoy interacting with clients and offer exceptional client service
Qualified candidates are expected to:
- Possess knowledge of County, State and Federal court filing guidelines and District Court e-filing and e-service procedures, as well as knowledge of legal phrases, terminology, content and formatting of legal documents pursuant to the applicable Court rules.
- Be able to proofread documents for grammatical, typographical, spelling, and formatting errors.
- Be results oriented, highly organized, able to prioritize multiple tasks and complete all assignments under time constraints.
- Be able to prepare legal documents such as pleadings, briefs, motions, discovery, subpoenas and other correspondence from verbal and written instructions
- Coordinate document deliveries to the Court or other participants through a run service or process server ensuring all associated court dates and deadlines are properly calendared.
- Conserve attorneys time by reading, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, drafting routine letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications; organizing client conferences, and attorney meetings; scheduling couriers, court reporters, expert witnesses, and preparing expense reports.
- Represent attorney by communicating and obtaining information; following-up on delegated assignments; knowing when to act and when to refer matters to attorney.
- Display strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe, Outlook and Needles a plus.
- Bilingual preferred
If your skills and experience match the expectations of this role please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to be considered.
If you are ready work hard to please your clients and want to enjoy the people you work with, look no further.
The Bourassa Law Group
Why Work Here?Plaintiff personal injury firm with offices in Beverly Hills, Denver, Las Vegas and Scottsdale. As our firm continues to grow and prosper we recognize that success depends on having experienced legal professionals on our team. The Bourassa Law Group provides the highest quality of legal service, compassion, and support to our clients and their families. If you are ready work hard to please your clients and want to enjoy the people you work with, look no further.
Be a part of a team that works together in a relaxed office culture doing work we love, with a commitment to excellence for our clients
Las Vegas, NV