The Bostwick-Braun Company is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated and sales driven General Manager. The General Manager will be responsible for the management and overall success of his/her division including achievement of financial commitments, inside and outside sales performance, customer service excellence, accounting accuracy, human resource development/performance management and all facilities/warehouse functions. This position is part of the Executive Team and serves on the Industrial Business Unit Leadership team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate and embody the company’s CORE values of Integrity, One Team, Leadership, Excellence, Accountability and Customer Success through highly effective leadership, employee development and active participation in the Executive and Industrial Business Unit leadership teams.
- Manage daily business operations including full P&L responsibility, annual budgeting, office and site management and all warehouse activity as it pertains to the division.
- Develop and manage sales teams to ensure effective territory management, increasing market share and achievement of revenue and profitability goals on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Active communications of industry trends, market conditions/opportunities and recommendations to the Executive Team.
- Through active participation and leadership, ensure that the sales team identifies and closes potential new customers, appropriately understands market conditions, continuously creates opportunities and successfully adapts to competitive pressures.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by analysis, promotion and documentation of account level cost savings while delivering exceptional customer service.
- Consistently track, analyze and report individual and team sales pipelines within CRM system and take appropriate action to ensure delivery of team and corporate goals.
- Actively implement the Bostwick-Braun Industrial pricing strategy to grow profit levels and exceed annual sales and margins goals.
- Create, maintain and grow strong relationships with key customers and strategic suppliers.
- Routinely review all financial reports including budget compliance, general ledger, credit requests, account receivable and accounts payable data.
- Oversee, implement, and maintain corporate compliance including OSHA, DOL, Code of Conduct and IT security standards to create and maintain safe, positive working environments for all team members.
- Collaborate with Corporate HR Team to hire, train and develop high performance teams through the company’s performance management processes, along with individual/team recognition for strong performance and timely intervention on all performance/behavioral concerns.
- Demonstrate active leadership by creating positive, accountable and dynamic work environments by personal engagement and coaching throughout all levels of the organization.
- Active participation in the Executive and Industrial Business Unit Leadership Teams through communications, positive energy and support to peers and the CEO.
- Highly knowledgeable of the company’s Industrial product lines.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Leadership experience with a proven track record of team development and business unit success (Industrial Distribution experience preferred).
- CRM system competency in creating and managing customer data, sales tasks and opportunity funnels.
- Demonstration of strong analytical skills regarding business metrics, trends and continuous process improvement.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Very strong analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Previous success in managing P&L results and budgeting processes.
- Self-sufficiency in administrative tasks including intermediate skill level in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university is preferred. Combination of education and experience will be considered. At least 5 years’ business management experience is essential.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Strong leadership, analytical, mathematical, presentation, problem solving, and interpersonal skills are required. Good organizational skills and follow-up are essential, as are multi-tasking skills and attention to detail. Requires an enthusiastic, aggressive, self-starter who has excellent communication skills. Overnight travel may be required.
Apply at: https://www.bostwick-braun.com/careers