- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Philadelphia-based hospitality company Method Co. will operate several dining options at our Detroit Location, including two restaurants, a lobby bar/lounge, rooftop lounge, 4500 sq ft event space, and extensive beverage program. The Book Tower will also be home to the Roost Apartment Hotel that will include 118 studios, one-and two-bedroom extended-stay apartments across four floors.
The company’s projects have been featured in national, regional, trade and local press including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, The Philadelphia Inquirer, Condé Nast Traveler, Bon Appétit, dwell, Monocle, USA Today and more.
Our Detroit location is looking for a Beverage Director that is responsible for the overall creation, operations, and maintenance of all beverage functions for the property. The Director will lead curation of cocktail and wine programs for multiple dining and bars operations and supports each restaurant General Manager in all operational aspects of the business.
QUALIFICATIONS/PRIMARY JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 5 years beverage management experience.
- Extensive old-world wine background and high-end liquor knowledge.
- Strong financial acumen/experience with effective cost controls and inventory management.
- Natural leadership and talent development skills in managing large teams and training.
- Forbes or Michelin-rated restaurant experience a plus but not required.
- Working knowledge of point of sale (POS) and inventory systems and operations.
- Ability to establish guidelines for proper staffing to maximize efficiency and minimize labor costs.
- Ability to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Establish par levels for supplies, liquor, beer, wine and equipment, completing requisitions to replenish shortages or additional items needed for the anticipated business.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all brands selections available in all outlets.
- Create descriptions and tasting notes for every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
- Create standards and lists for all bar menu items, glassware, recipes, ingredients, portion sizes, garnishes, presentation, and menu pricing.
- Interview, select, train, supervise, counsel and coach all beverage staff, in coordination with unit management, for the efficient operation of each outlet.
- Drive employee engagement through coaching, training, and development.
- Maintain facilities in accordance with company standards, ensuring high customer satisfaction and an exceptional guest experience.
- Increasing sales through marketing, networking and incentives for staff to raise guest check average.
- Maintains budgeted revenues, cost of goods, labor, supplies and operating cash flow.
- Reviews monthly profit and loss statement and acts on all variances.
- Monitor activities and expenses including inventory and labor.
· Full Comprehensive Affordable Healthcare Benefits
· 401(K) Retirement Savings
· Paid Vacation, Personal Time Off, Major Holidays
FoodView all jobs at Method Co.
Get fresh Food & Beverage Director jobs daily straight to your inbox!