The RN Psychiatric Nurse is responsible for all aspects of medical policy and procedure within TBITC residential programs and oversees all Licensed Practical Nurses. This nurse manager will be the primary owner and developer of medication management, client daily vitals and routine lab work, client routine health assessments. RN will liaison with the Medical Director to coordinate psychiatric and medical care. RN will ensure prescription and non-prescription medications are acquired in a timely manner, accurately documented, and administered by the Program staff per medication Policy and Procedure document. The RN will directly supervise nursing staff, to include RN, LPN, Medical Assistant assigned to nursing functions. The RN will coordinate with Clinical Staff and Operations Staff to deliver ad hoc patient support services and improve business operations as needed. Overall, the Nurse Manager will own the responsibility of ensuring TBITC provides quality care and support to the clients and clinical staff of The Body Image Therapy Center.
Duties and Responsibilities (Include but not limited to)
· Fully understand and comprehend current and future TBITC Policies and Procedures for Employees and Clients
· Primary ownership of Medication Management Policy and Procedure, to include ensuring policies are communicated, trained, enforced, and updated as required.
· Ensure client vitals are measured and recorded on a daily basis, either directly or through nursing support staff or the program staff.
· Liaison with the Medical Director and outside medical providers to ensure routine medical needs are provided
· Coordinate medical care between clients and non-TBITC medical professionals when required
· Daily monitoring of client health and welfare via standardized health assessment
· Conduct a health assessment of new client upon first day of admission to the treatment program
· Subject matter expert for all Joint Commission and State medical policy requirements, under the direction of the Clinical Director
· Responsible for the delivery of care, to include but not limited to phlebotomy, daily vitals, first-line review of labs/bloodwork for client safety needs, weekly medical/systems assessments
· Manage relationship with vendors, including LabCorp, EHR vendor (medical related documentation), pharmacy, supply and equipment vendor
· Manage and coordinate care with external medical partners, to include acute care clinic, medical doctors
· Manage after hours and “on-call” needs for medical related issues with RN/LPN resources (to include work to manage and minimize the need to escalate calls after hours)
· Primary responsibility for the quality and consistency of training for medical related issues (e.g., vitals measurements, EHR documentation, medication management)
· Ensure training is documented appropriately in electronic training and development platform (i.e., Healthicity)
· Identify program needs, develop content, delivery training as needed to sustain and improve care delivery
· Primary ownership of Medication Management Policy and Procedure
· Coordinate acquisition of prescription and non-prescription medications
· Ensure medication process is accurate and error free
· Ensure medication errors are documented in Critical Incident reporting, to include investigation and resolution of error
· Seek continual process improvement of the medication management process
· Act as communications liaison between Clinical Staff, Program Staff and Operations Staff to ensure open communications of important and urgent issues
· Seek opportunities to reduce Clinical Staff work load items that distract from direct client care
· Coordinate with external healthcare and educational professionals as needed
· Attend weekly recovery staff management meetings to become aware of client care needs and communicate as appropriate to recovery staff.
· Develop relationship with local pharmacies to expedite drug dispensing process and pick up as needed
· Develop relationship with local medical clinics for patient evaluations and medical concerns as needed
· Identify facility discrepancies and communicate to business staff when needed
The Body Image Therapy Center is a proud member of the Refresh Mental Health Network. To find more jobs like this at all of the Refresh Locations go to:
About Refresh Mental Health:
Refresh Mental Health is the parent company of premiere outpatient mental health, substance abuse & eating disorder practices across the US. We are one of the largest and fastest growing private behavioral health companies in the US with over 700 clinicians and 21 practices in 15 states. We are actively seeking partnerships with counselors, therapists and other behavioral healthcare providers nationwide. Our goal is to provide an excellent working environment and resources for clinicians, so they can focus on what they do best — providing exemplary care to clients.
Refresh is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Refresh is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
The Body Image Therapy Center