The Body Image Therapy Center is seeking a Psych Nurse Practitioner to become a part of our Eating Disorders Treatment team! You will focus on providing high quality patient care as part of a healthcare team.
- Diagnose and treat acute, episodic or chronic mental illnesses related to eating disorder diagnosis and behaviors
- Prescribe all necessary medications and treatments
- Perform comprehensive mental health examinations of patients
- Develop and implement patient management policies and procedures
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities
- Communicate with collaborating physician or specialist regarding patient care
- Previous experience in psych nursing
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership qualities
The Psych NP provides initial evaluations and follow ups for our clients in our day treatment program, intensive outpatient program, and traditional outpatient care. The provider works in tandem with our Family Nurse Practitioner and the rest of the clinical team to ensure patient safety, efficacy, and quality care.
This is a part time position and can either be completed one day a week or two half-days per week.
Previously credentialed with insurance panels is a plus!