The Body Image Therapy Center is seeking a Family Nurse Practitioner to become a part of our Eating Disorders Treatment team! You will focus on providing high quality patient care as part of a healthcare team.
- Diagnose and treat acute, episodic or chronic illnesses related to eating disorder diagnosis and behaviors
- Prescribe all necessary medications and treatments
- Perform comprehensive physical examinations of patients
- Develop and implement patient management policies and procedures
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities
- Communicate with collaborating physician or specialist regarding patient care
- Previous experience in nursing or other medical fields
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership qualities
The FNP provides weekly urine screens, lab draws, and physical evaluations for our clients in our day treatment program and monthly labs for our clients in outpatient and intensive outpatient as needed. The FNP will also provide comprehensive medical evaluations for all new clients in the program to evaluate if they require daily medical attention due to severe complications from their eating disorder or clear them for outpatient care based on the Academy for Eating Disorder Guidelines.
This is a part time position and can either be completed one day a week or two half-days per week.
Previously credentialed with insurance panels is a plus!