Boot Camp Group Exercise Instructor
The Boar's Head Resort Charlottesville, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Instruct a boot camp style class for members and guests of the sports club. When weather permits, the instructor will lead their class one mile to Fitness Island, instruct a high intensity boot camp workout, and make the one mile return back to the sports club. Indoor teaching opportunities include utilization of our functional training studio. Instructors need to have a good knowledge and understanding of body weight and functional strength training exercises. Evening and weekend availability required. Instructor must hold a group exercise or personal training certification.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Instruct boot camp style group exercise classes.
- Aid participants in performing exercise at the appropriate intensity while using recommended body alignment. Offer alternative/adapted exercise if needed.
- Maintain current CPR and national aerobics or comparable certifications and provide Fitness & Aquatics Manager with updated copies of certifications.
- Maintain good interpersonal skills, remain neutral in conversations and uphold client confidentiality.
- Maintain status as an instructor in good standing through evaluations completed by participants and Fitness & Aquatics Manager.
- Attend on-site training programs and staff meetings.
- Aid The Sports Club in promoting the Exercise Program and serve as an appropriate role model for health and fitness concerns.
- Actively participate in other classes taught by other instructors throughout the year.
- Ensure aerobics studios and closets are clean and organized. Help to keep equipment in good condition and return equipment to its proper location after class.
- Submit appropriate paperwork to Fitness & Aquatics Manager in regards to payroll and substitutions.
- Report maintenance requests to Fitness & Aquatics Manager in relation to ceiling tiles, equipment, building, temperature, electricity, etc.
- Ensure class participants sign-in for accurate exercise class attendance records.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of Sports Club programs and the resort to respond to member/guest questions.
- Contribute to overall resort team effort by completing additional duties as assigned.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
The Boar's Head Resort
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at The Boar's Head Resort