The Blueshirt Group is looking to add an account associate for its Strategic Media Team in the San Francisco office. Exciting position working with pre-IPO and public tech companies as well as PE/VC firms. Applicants with 1-4 years of PR and/or corporate communications experience encouraged to apply. Our San Francisco office is located in the Financial District one block from BART and close to multiple Muni lines.
Awesome work-space with outdoor terrace, free snacks & beverages, and occasional dogs in the office. Great benefits + room for growth!
**Local candidates only, please. No relocation offered for this position.**
Account Associate for Strategic Media Team
This team is focused and specializes in business and financial media strategies that span national business, broadcast and top tier trade media for a broad set of technology clients, including startups, pre-IPO and public companies. We are seeking a professional, responsible and confident individual who possesses strong writing skills, is able to juggle multiple assignments, can work independently, and is eager to learn about new companies, technologies and industries. The ideal candidate will have basic public relations, writing, media, organizational, research skills, as well as an understanding of digital media and social media. This is an exciting opportunity to work with and learn from a small, highly regarded senior team, get valuable hands-on experience and gain insight into emerging technologies, finance, venture capital and the IPO process.
· Implement day-to-day account activity, meeting agendas, follow up notes;
· Build and manage media lists;
· Track and compile client and competitor coverage;
· Research and pitch opportunistic angles;
· Draft press releases and pitches
· Interact and build relationships with reporters
· 2-4 years of PR agency or corporate communications experience preferred;
· BA/BS degree in public relations, business, marketing or related major;
· Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal;
· Ability to work under tight deadlines, multitask and deliver quality work under pressure;
· Strong organizational, creative thinking and interpersonal skills;
· Intellectual curiosity about business, technology and media
· Desire to learn about clients’ businesses and seek more information to deepen understanding
· Ability to work independently, take initiative while possessing a team attitude;
· Commitment to client service;
· Strong social media skills with experience with LinkedIn, Twitter and Medium preferred
· MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, and Internet proficiency.