The Blue Marlin Group is recruiting for a Property Manager in Frederick, MD. This is a beautiful, 144 unit Senior Community and you will be responsible for all phases of on-site property operation, under the direction of the District Manager. The Community Manager is responsible to maintain all aspects of the asset to company standards.
• Recruit, hire, train and be responsible for work performance by all team members under his or her direction to include, but not limited to, coaching, mentoring, and regular performance management of team members in accordance with company policy and procedures.
• Perform written evaluations of employees and make recommendations for salary increases and/or advancement, under the supervision of District Managers and Regional RVPs.
• Maintain and submit regular and timely attendance records of all team members under his or her direction. Ensure overtime is reasonable and necessary; with District Manager approval where appropriate.
• Market and approve/disapprove all applications for rental; prepare, process and sign all leases and related forms.
• Work effectively with local housing authority, if applicable, to ensure timely leasing and recertifying of applicants/residents.
• Provide excellent customer service to residents and resident organizations; responding timely and professional to any inquiries including resident concerns.
• In a professional and timely manner, and in accordance with company policy, respond to and address all internal and external requests for information or action.
• Ensure complete implementation and compliance with all housing program requirements and directives as appropriate.
• Actively manage the occupancy of the property, ensuring all waitlists are maintained, applications are pre-processed according to vacancy trends and vacant units are turned and leased timely.
• Handle all details of move-ins and move-outs, giving special attention to apartment inspection check lists.
• Immediately report accidents and emergency situations to Risk Management and District Manager. Complete and submit the proper incident reports.
• Ensure that all maintenance requests are handled on a timely basis while effectively communicating to the residents. Ensure that appropriate written records are kept of all maintenance work completed.
• Inspect Community and apartments in accordance with company policy.
• In conjunction with Maintenance Supervisor, obtain competitive bids for contract services and capital improvements; process bid packages per Company procedures.
• In conjunction with Maintenance Supervisor, draft approval memos and contracts for approval.
• Minimum 1-3+ years prior site management or apartment management housing experience, preferably in affordable housing.
• Compliance experience or knowledge (LIHTC, HUD-Sec. 8, RD, other) strongly preferred.
• Minimum 1+ years team supervision experience including training and performance management skills.
• Demonstrated prior customer service or sales experience a plus.
• Strong MSOffice skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) for effective communication.
• Housing industry software programs a plus (Yardi, Boston Post, others).
• Demonstrated experience in solving resident, personnel, vendor and financial problems.
• Accounting experience with budgeting, accounts receivable & payables, variance analysis strongly preferred.
• Reliable transportation and valid drivers’ license needed.
• Flexibility to travel for training, meetings, conferences, as scheduled.
• Minimum High School degree/GED equivalent required.
• Minimum Associates Degree in Business desired; Bachelors’ degree a plus. Certifications Preferred or willing to obtain:
• COS (Certified Occupancy Specialist)
• LIHTC (Low Income Housing Tax Credit)
• S.T.A.R. Training
• Others pertinent to affordable housing industry.
Founded with the express goal of being able to provide a fresh perspective and a unique approach to Professional Recruitment in an otherwise crowded and traditional industry. Our business model dictates that to be a part of BMG, all of our Recruitment Professionals have a minimum of 20 years of recruitment experience and previous experience as a hiring manager or HR Manager. Each of us comes with a thorough knowledge of their specific industry and a comprehensive personal & professional network of professionals. In this way we are able to provide significant value to our clients. It is this commitment to partnering with professionals that have ‘real world’ experience that makes all the difference.
Our tenured staff have terrifically diverse backgrounds. We are able to provide recruiting expertise in virtually every industry, including Property Management, Call Center, Technology, Telecom, IT, Manufacturing, Production, Advertising, Media, Business Services and Financial Services, and we recruit for all levels of Sales, Management, HR, Operations, IT, Administrative and skilled trades.
To this end, we see our mission as connecting people in a more meaningful way. Our culture, which is boldly independent and entrepreneurial, is very much in demand today allowing us to attract some of the best and brightest throughout the continental United States.