Director of Activities
The Blake by QSL Management Bossier City, LA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Blake Senior Living
The Blake at Bossier City is a resort-style senior living community off Airline Drive in Bossier City, Louisiana. We are part of QSL Management which is a fast-growing senior living company with ample opportunities for advancement. Our mission is to provide seniors luxurious and comfortable home with resort-style hospitality promoting wellness, security, longevity, family, joy, and self-worth. We believe in fostering an environment in which our team members can grow and thrive, and we look for leaders who exemplify our core values of Excellence, Compassion, Respect, Leadership, Integrity, Safety & Joy.
We have an immediate need for a Director of Activities at The Blake at Bossier City in Bossier City, Louisiana.
We offer a competitive hourly wage and an excellent benefits package. Plus we have a great work environment where you can make a difference in the lives of older adults. If this sounds like the opportunity that you've been looking for, apply for this position today!
Primary Responsibilities: Director of Activities
- Develop and implement an annual calendar of activities for the residents that will allow provide opportunities for residents to socialize and enjoy recreational activities each day.
- Plan in-house events and off campus activities that promote family, joy and socialization and embrace the cultural of the geographic area
- Responsible to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of the Activities Dept. and supervise appropriate staff
- Develop a monthly newsletter that is distributed to the residents and mail recipients
Education/Experience/Licensure/Certification: Director of Activities
- Must have a caring heart and willingness to serve others
- Associate/Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university preferred, but not required
- Teaching experience or adult learning experience preferred
- Ability to multi-task and good organization skills, communication and public relations skills, display traits of creativity, flexibility and teamwork a must
- Valid Driver's License and Safe Driving Record, CDL preferred
- Must have experience with geriatric population, including Alzheimer's Dementia with ability to adapt to changing behaviors
- Proven computer skills with Microsoft Word and Office
- Be flexible with work schedule including holidays and weekends
- Ability to market the activities and events to family members through use of social media
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, we would love to meet you! Please apply today using our mobile friendly application process.
Director of Activities
The Blake by QSL Management
AddressBossier City, LA
EducationView all jobs at The Blake by QSL Management