The Blake Group Town of East Windsor, CT
- Expired: June 01, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Staff Accountant is a professional position that holds an integral support role in the accounting operations of Blake Group Holdings, Inc. The ability to maintain accuracy while meeting internal and external deadlines is critical to being successful. All tasks and duties are to be performed within Blake's core values of: Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, Innovation and Kindness.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Assist in the timely and accurate completion of monthly financial statements through journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations and analyses
- Prepare and file various states' sales and use tax returns; keep up to date on regulations affecting Blake's operations
- Maintain fixed asset records in management software system and reconcile to general ledger
- Performing daily bank and cash forecasting reports
- Provide back-up support to co-workers, as needed
- Keep proficient in accounting rules and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- One to two years of Accounting experience
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Frequent operation of computer related equipment, including but not limited to: phones, keyboards, printers, and/or scanners, billing and mailing equipment; extended periods of sitting, light lifting up to 15 lbs to 50 lbs printer paper use of Blake provided Ergonomic tools (may use own if approved by safety officer), adherence toBlake's Safety Manual and Safety Rules.