Qualified candidate for Brewery Cook prepares, seasons and cooks dishes such as soups, meats, vegetables or desserts in restaurants. Rolls bread, cakes, and pizza dough. Maintains designated stations and adheres to recipes and plating guidelines by following additional duties listed below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares and serves all egg dishes, steaks, chops, roasts, burgers, vegetables, soups, sauces, stews, consomm, seafood, and specialty dishes such as French, Chinese, Italian, Mexican, Thai, Korean, Vietnamese and Persian dishes.
- Marinates meats, seafood, and poultry and carves meat. Carves and trims meat such as beef, veal, ham, pork, lamb, for hot or cold service of for sandwiches.
- Practice correct food handling and food storage procedures according to federal, state, local and company regulations.
- Ensures freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
- Portion arrange and garnish food, and serve food to waiters or patrons.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as teasing, smelling or piercing them with utensils.
- Reports unsafe condition or machine malfunction to the immediate Supervisor and/or Department Head immediately.
- Ensures proper and economical use of equipment, supplies and facility.
- Ensures that assigned work area is maintained in a clean and safe condition.
- Represents The Bicycle Hotel & Casino well in all contacts. Works as a team member. Maintains cultural sensitivity at all times.
- Must be available to work all shifts in a 24/7 industry.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Qualified individuals must be able to regularly required to stand, walk, use hands, to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms at above shoulder length; and talk or hear; frequently required to taste or smell; regularly lift and/or move up to 25lbs and/or frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs. Noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with numerous distractions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) required. Plus 3 years cooking experience working in high volume restaurant environment or have completed at least 2 years from a recognized culinary school or apprentice training program. Equivalent combination of education and experience a plus. Must have active California Food Handlers Certificate/Card.
Keywords:Restaurant Cook / Line Cook / Dinner Cook / Cooks
Opening in November 1984 to great acclaim, The Bicycle Hotel & Casino is one of the largest and most exciting card casinos in California and currently has a staff of approximately 1,700 dedicated team members.
Whether you work on the casino floor, in one of our many service areas, or as a member of our support staff, your job is vitally important. We sincerely believe that our Team Members are one of our most valuable resources and are essential to the success of the Casino.
The Bicycle Hotel & Casino has established a reputation for offering the finest professional service and customer accommodation in the gaming industry. We expect you to maintain the high professional standards of hospitality and service that characterize our team members. The Casino has been built on the foundation of integrity, honesty and commitment to our customers, and we expect you to continue this tradition.
*** MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE***
Job Posted by ApplicantPro