- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our busy New Jersey Criminal Defense Firm is looking for an efficient, organized legal assistant to help our attorneys and paralegal assist our clients and ensure we’re operating efficiently. You’ll assist with the preparation of electronic and hard copy files, file notices and motions with the court, contact court administrators for schedule and adjournment requests, speak with clients, and handle all office correspondence including answering phone calls and emails, arranging meetings, and working with the team to meet deadlines.
If you have experience in a law firm environment, have law enforcement experience in a police department or prosecutors office, worked in the courthouse, work well under pressure, and/or are looking for a rewarding opportunity in a thriving criminal defense firm, we want to connect with you.Compensation:
- Perform legal research, as needed, with help from attorneys and paralegals
- Handle office correspondence and administrative tasks such as responding to emails and phone calls, communicating with opposing attorney offices, taking dictation, and letting the team know about upcoming deadlines
- Use daily time records to properly process client billing with support from the accounting department
- Help with creating a variety of litigation documents, including pleadings, motions, subpoenas, affidavits, contracts, and briefs for case preparation, and proofread documents when necessary
- Undertake other duties as needed to ensure the firm operates efficiently
- Attend our morning huddle with all team members to discuss every case in the office.
- Work closely with our attorneys and paralegal to help represent our clients with courage, compassion, and committment.
- Proficient with MS Office products
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in a law firm or office environment as an administrative assistant or secretary
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; associate’s degree is a plus
- Organizational skills and communication skills are necessary for this position
- Prior law enforcement experience in a police department or prosecutor's office is a plus.
- Experience working in municipal court or superior court is a plus.
The Bianchi Law Group, LLC is a team of former prosecutors who aggressively fight the government when our clients are charged with crimes. We handle criminal defense, domestic violence restraining orders, and cases in municipal court such as DWI and DUI.
The Bianchi Law Group, LLC
AddressParsippany-Troy Hills Township, NJ
LegalView all jobs at The Bianchi Law Group, LLC