Part-Time Polo Lounge Host/ess
Our Hosts are the Charmers of our hotel! They are warm and friendly, resilient. Guest centric. Confident. Well spoken. Manage multiple relationships and tasks. Have the spirit of generosity. They are Problem solvers, and quick on their feet. They are entrusted with creating real connections and meaningful relationships by utilizing collective intelligence from all sources. Though skillfully trained, they never lose sight of their ultimate reasonability, to create lifelong memories for our guests.
Essential Functions & Physical Requirements
A day in the life of our Hosts… it demands high levels of energy in order to keep up. They need consistency even though the days are never alike; and creativity to tackle daily adventures. Listing all of the tasks that our Host/Hostesses accomplish would be lengthy but the list below is essential to know.
- Our Host/esses are responsible for spending time getting to know our guests, building relationships and institutional knowledge during their day. This will include ensuring our guests receives nothing but the best experience. Sometimes our guests have special requests shares knowledge with the relevant teams.
- They anticipate our guest needs and build rapport with customers and sharing knowledge with the relevant teams. Greets, escorts and seats guest as necessary. Take reservations and conduct confirmation calls. Learn and manage the online table reservation system; adding, modifying, removing, confirming reservations.
- Our hotels are truly luxury hotels. This requires preventing and correcting the imperfections and blemishes that tend to come up. Our Host/esses are relied upon to report these and work with several other positions to correct.
- Communication is what keeps our departments running perfectly. Our Hosts must communicate with other departments and extended hotel team in order to ensure the alignment remains. Answer the phone in accordance with hotels standards.
The items shared are essential. However, to ensure consistency, our Hosts are provided with specifics on how we care for their department and our hotel. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Light work standing and walking frequently for up to entire work shift. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 or more pounds occasionally, exerting a negligible amount of force frequently, including constantly to reach, lift, carry, push, pull, grasp, manipulate or otherwise move objects i.e. pieces of paper, files and binders. Frequent use of computer keyboard (fingering) and computer mouse, near and far acuity (vision), hearing, talking. occasional frequency of bending, squatting, twisting and turning. As a seasonal property, long hours during peak periods sometimes required.
Qualifications and Desirables
- All of our employees are ambassadors of our Vision, Values and culture. Our Hosts do this with all they do.
- English is the primary language used in our hotel. Our Hosts must feel comfortable communicating in this language.
- Attention to detail is critical for our this role.
- We pride in nurturing an environment where Working Together is a must. Our Hosts/Hostesses are our biggest champions of this.
- Our hotels operate nonstop, this require flexibility from everyone on the team.
Our success is a result of our employees. We believe that everyone part of our team should share the rewards. For this position this will mean the following benefit package.
- Sick Time
- Hotel Benefits
EOE: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disability Act.
OSH Act: A Host is not to handle any human body fluid, biological agents, laboratory chemicals.
Line Level Employee