The foreman supervises a crew of laborers, and carpenters necessary to complete assigned projects by performing the following duties.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervises a crew of up to 10 employees and prioritizes work.
- Reads and follows plans, material lists and guidelines and applies necessary timelines.
- Conducts regular toolbox safety meetings.
- Fulfills all regular and advanced installation/construction duties, including project layout, and completes required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Organizes, supervises, leads and trains employees to complete projects within established guidelines and time frames.
- Enforces all company safety policies and procedures.
- Enforces all client-required safety policies and procedures.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures and safety requirements, including crewmember discipline and documentation.
- Submits crewmembers’ timesheets to payroll by deadline.
- Opening the jobsite at beginning of the day and securing the jobsite at the end of the day, if applicable.
11. Maintain daily log (written) of activities on the jobsite.
12. Attends branch operation meetings as required.
13. Coordinate on site activities of inspection agencies or other officials as necessary.
14. Obtain, or see that the subcontractors obtain, all necessary permits for temporary and construction purposes.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Decision Making.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Problem Solving.
- Project Management.
- Time Management.
The position directly supervises employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The position regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The position lifts heavy objects, walks and stands for long periods of time and performs strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. The employee lifts, pushes, pulls or carries objects; uses abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue; and effectively jumps, sprints or throws objects. The position requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multilimb coordination. The position requires the ability to quickly move arms and legs. The employee must have excellent stamina.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., 40 hours per week. This position frequently requires long hours, overtime, and weekend work.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school education.
- Related experience or training.
Preferred Education and Experience
Stark Enterprises LLC. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.]
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Strong work ethic