Production Supervisor, Application
- Posted: over a month ago
Do you want to work for a company where your co-workers are co-owners? We are 100% employee owned! At The Bernard Group, we work to wow. As a visual merchandising company leading the retail industry in design and production, we come together as a team to win big for some of the most successful brands in the world. Since we’re an employee-owned company, we don’t just list our values, we live them, providing the highest-quality products and services day in and day out. And we do it all with sustainable materials carefully sourced from eco-friendly partners that support social change and community involvement.
We are looking for a Production Supervisor to join our Large Format Application team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing, mentoring, and coaching employees in the specific areas of responsibility. With the help of the Production Leads, you will train new and existing employees on the most efficient and effective methods of machine set-up, inventory set-up, and process flow. You will be responsible for the overall effectiveness of your team members which includes managing variable costs such as direct labor and materials utilized, as well as reducing scrap and the need for re-work. This position has responsibility for performance reviews, staff development, employee engagement, and addressing any necessary disciplinary actions as required.
Shift Available: Sunday - Tuesday OR Wednesday - Friday 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
A variety of these traits will help land you this job. If you have:
- a High School diploma or GED
- 5 or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- 1 or more years of experience in the printing industry in a leadership role
On top of that you must:
- make the right call with quality decisions, good judgment and keen problem-solving skills in determining better, more efficient work flows with the same high-quality standard
- drive results, take initiative and be action-oriented by applying time management and self-management skills every day in order to meet deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude
- be accountable and take ownership of work commitments in meeting clients’ expectations and timelines
- collaborate and embrace the “Art of the Team” by working with coworkers in order to get the work done on-time and within budget
- have a passion for excellence and drive for quality in all that the team produces
In this position, you will:
- motivate, mentor, coach and train employees for professional development, employee engagement, and the creation of a safe and inclusive environment.
- set high performance expectations and provide feedback, both positive and constructive to ensure those expectations are met.
- work closely with shift leads, as well as other production areas’ leadership, in prioritizing and directing department workflow.
- support a safe environment, driving towards zero OSHA recordables.
- maintain high quality standards.
- ensure machine throughput quality and integrity through continuous monitoring of departmental processes in conjunction with the shift lead.
- oversee the maintenance of appropriate levels of supplies to meet production requirements.
- establish open lines of communication with the production floor.
- represent corporate policy and communicate to employees as required.
- ensure training and skills matrix are in compliance with training policy.
- work toward continuous improvement.
- monitor efficiency and productivity and implement improvements.
- implement cost reductions where possible.
- interact with other support departments as required.
- troubleshoot production problems to ensure productivity and quality standards are met.
- perform miscellaneous projects and complete various tasks as requested by others in management.
To get hired at The Bernard Group, you MUST be:
- able to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing. Strong interpersonal skills including, demonstrated listening skills and the ability to present ideas and thoughts concisely and effectively both internally and outside the organization
- willing to admit when you make a mistake (it happens to the best of us)
- fiercely loyal to both our customers and teams
- trustworthy, reliable, and easy to get along with
- enthusiastic and eager to take on new challenges
- adaptable and willing to wear whatever hat gets the job done
- We're a 800-person visual merchandising company
- We are 100% employee-owned
- We offer a generous paid time off benefit that increases with tenure
- This is a full-time position in Chanhassen, MN
The Art of Teams at TBG:
We came to understand how small teams of top talent with the right chemistry will consistently outperform a centralized production process. We put a great amount of energy into building individual teams to handle the speed and details of retail. It’s the difference between average and being a world class service provider.
If you have the talent to do this job, a passion for excellence and are interested in joining the TBG team, please complete the form on this page.
The Bernard Group, Inc.
The Bernard Group Inc
ManufacturingView all jobs at The Bernard Group Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?