Intern, Production Operations- Summer 2023
- Expired: November 03, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you want to work for a company where your co-workers are co-owners? We are 100% employee owned! Our internship program provides you with the opportunity to be at the forefront of Innovation. Your contributions will be key in delivering world-class products, inspiration and solutions for some of the most prestigious brands in the market. This paid internship will begin with an interactive on-boarding program where you'll learn more about The Bernard Group, our state-of-the-art technology, processes and culture. Interns are integrated into our teams, giving you the opportunity to learn how to provide clients with the highest quality product, service and speed that the retail industry requires, while experiencing a culture of teamwork and ownership. We invite you to consider joining us as we consistently work to go above and beyond, and WOW those we serve!
As a Production Operations Intern you will gain a strong understanding of how manufacturing operations can be applied throughout the internship through training, process shadows and on the job experience alongside with TBG's Directors and VP of Operations. This opportunity will provide you with experiential learning opportunities such as day-to-day experience working in the field.
Shift available: Monday through Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
A variety of these traits will help land you this job if you:
- are pursuing a Two or Four year degree/certification in Manufacturing, Logistics or Operations Management
- have a solid understanding of production and manufacturing
- have had a prior internship in a manufacturing environment is a plus
On top of that you must:
- have the ability to work onsite full time for the length of the internship with travel to other local TBG facilities
- pay close attention to details so you are able to complete projects accurately within deadlines, while meeting Company quality standards.
- be self-motivated, a fast learner, and show initiative to seek out customer and corporate needs.
- have the ability to work independently, make decisions and solve problems independently, effectively and creatively.
- apply effective time management and self-management skills.
- understand and maintain the confidential nature of company and client information.
In this position, you will:
- assist leaders in the everyday functions of each facility (Print, Fabrication, Warehouse and Distribution).
- actively participate in several production rotations and learn the core business functions of manufacturing; Production, Post-Production, Logistics and CI.
- assist in the development of and monitoring of standard operating procedures.
- lead and/or participate in projects: define objectives, develop project plans, create agendas, facilitate meetings, manage timelines and deliverables, communicate updates, create contingency plans.
- adhere to established safety rules and regulations and follow all safety procedures; maintain a safe and clean environment.
- analyze and evaluate manufacturing methods and standards.
- develop and update process documentation and procedure instructions.
- identify and implement continuous improvement projects.
- perform other duties and tasks as assigned by management.
To get hired at The Bernard Group, you MUST be:
- able to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing. Strong interpersonal skills including, demonstrated listening skills and the ability to present ideas and thoughts concisely and effectively both internally and outside the organization
- willing to admit when you make a mistake (it happens to the best of us)
- fiercely loyal to both our customers and team
- trustworthy, reliable, and easy to get along with
- enthusiastic and eager to take on new challenges
- adaptable and willing to wear whatever hat gets the job done
- We're a 800-person visual merchandising company
- We are 100% employee-owned
- This is a 2023 Summer Internship in Chanhassen, MN beginning either May 22nd or June 5th
The Art of Teams at TBG:
We believe teams of top talent with clear objectives will consistently outperform centralized control. We put a great amount of energy into building skilled and diverse teams to handle our most challenging pursuits. It's the difference between average and being a world-class service provider.
If you have the talent to do this job, a passion for excellence and are interested in joining the TBG team, please complete the form on this page.
The Bernard Group, Inc.
The Bernard Group is an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity and who remains committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment for all employees.Share Apply Apply for this position Required * Apply with Indeed First Name* Last Name* Email Address* Phone* Address Resume* We've received your resume. Click here to update it. Attach resume or Paste resume Attach resume as .pdf, .doc, .docx, .odt, .txt, or .rtf (limit 5MB) or Paste resume
Paste your resume here or Attach resume fileCover Letter Who referred you to this position? Enter their first and last name here. What's your highest level of education completed?* No answerGED or EquivalentHigh SchoolSome CollegeCollege - AssociatesCollege - Bachelor of ArtsCollege - Bachelor of Fine ArtsCollege - Bachelor of ScienceCollege - Master of ArtsCollege - Master of ScienceCollege - Master of Fine ArtsCollege - Master of Business AdministrationCollege - DoctorateMedical DoctorOther College or University Are you 18 years of age or older? No answerYesNo LinkedIn Profile URL: Website, blog or portfolio: What languages do you speak fluently?* Desired salary* Earliest start date?* In 150 characters or fewer, tell us what makes you unique. Try to be creative and say something that will catch our eye!* 150 References: Please enter names and contact information: Are you legally authorized to work in the U.S. (Proof of employment eligibility and identity will be required at time of hire)?* -- No answer --YesNo Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B visa status)? Please answer YES or NO, and if your answer is YES, include the date that you will need sponsorship.* Are you a current or former employee of TBG? Have you worked for TBG though a temp agency? Please provide the dates you have worked for us. If you worked through a temp agency, please provide the name of the agency.* Submit Application
The Bernard Group
BusinessView all jobs at The Bernard Group
Get fresh Design Intern Summer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.