- Expired: September 30, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you want to work for a company where your co-workers are co-owners? We are 100% employee owned! Smartpress is a fast-growing online printing service, disrupting the traditional printing industry one innovation at a time. Our customers love us (seriously, google Smartpress reviews) and we love them right back, providing an easy online experience, high-quality printed products and world-class customer service. Not to mention our commitment to eco-friendly practices and sustainable materials ("smart" is in our name, after all).
We are looking for an enthusiastic Graphic Designer to join our Smartpress team. You'll be part of a talented group that collaborates to deliver world class products to our customers. This opportunity focuses on creating and editing customer design solutions that have a high visual impact for printing applications. In this role you will communicate with customers and internal team members to understand the needs of each project before making design decisions.
Shift available: Monday through Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
A variety of these traits will help land you this job. If you have:
- a two to four-year education in Graphic Design
- advanced working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- print experience (required)
- packaging and direct mail experience
On top of that you must:
- pay close attention to details so you are able to complete projects accurately within deadlines, while meeting brand and customer standards
- be self-motivated, a fast learner, and show initiative to seek out customer and corporate needs
- have the ability to work independently, make decisions and solve problems independently, effectively and creatively
- apply effective time management and self-management skills
- understand and maintain the confidential nature of company, employee and customer information
In this position you'll:
- provide accurate and timely design estimates to customer requests.
- create beautiful designs and imagery for a variety of customer projects (postcards, brochures, business cards, direct mail, booklets, banners, etc.) using creative abilities and based on customer specifications.
- oversee the design, layout and formatting of these materials.
- process and monitor orders within internal ordering systems.
- collaborate with internal teams (Sales, Direct Mail, Account Management, Production) to execute customer projects.
- manage multiple projects, changes in project scope, and shifting priorities in order to meet project requirements and ensure deadlines are met using various design programs.
- work efficiently with a sense of urgency and under multiple deadlines.
- must possess a strong sense of concept development, in addition to communication, collaboration, research, problem-solving and presentation skills.
- stay current on visual design trends.
- perform other duties as assigned by management.
To get hired at The Bernard Group, you MUST be:
- able to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing. Strong interpersonal skills including, demonstrated listening skills and the ability to present ideas and thoughts concisely and effectively both internally and outside the organization
- willing to admit when you make a mistake (it happens to the best of us)
- fiercely loyal to both our customers and team
- trustworthy, reliable, and easy to get along with
- enthusiastic and eager to take on new challenges
- adaptable and willing to wear whatever hat gets the job done
- We're a 750-person visual merchandising company
- We are 100% employee-owned
- We offer a generous paid time off benefit that increases with tenure
- This is a full-time position in Chanhassen, MN
The Art of Teams at TBG:
We came to understand how small teams of top talent with the right chemistry will consistently outperform a centralized production process. We put a great amount of energy into building individual teams in order to handle the speed and details of retail. It's the difference between average and being a world class service provider.
If you have the talent to do this job, a passion for excellence and are interested in joining the TBG team, please complete the form on this page.
The Bernard Group, Inc.
The Bernard Group is an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity and who remains committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment for all employees.Share Apply Apply for this position Required * Apply with Indeed First Name* Last Name* Email Address* Phone* Address* Resume* We've received your resume. Click here to update it. Attach resume or Paste resume Attach resume as .pdf, .doc, .docx, .odt, .txt, or .rtf (limit 5MB) or Paste resume
Paste your resume here or Attach resume fileCover Letter Who referred you to this position? Enter their first and last name here. What's your highest level of education completed?* No answerGED or EquivalentHigh SchoolSome CollegeCollege - AssociatesCollege - Bachelor of ArtsCollege - Bachelor of Fine ArtsCollege - Bachelor of ScienceCollege - Master of ArtsCollege - Master of ScienceCollege - Master of Fine ArtsCollege - Master of Business AdministrationCollege - DoctorateMedical DoctorOther Are you 18 years of age or older?* No answerYesNo LinkedIn Profile URL: Website, blog or portfolio:* What languages do you speak fluently?* Desired salary* Earliest start date?* In 150 characters or fewer, tell us what makes you unique. Try to be creative and say something that will catch our eye!* 150 References: Please enter names and contact information: Are you legally authorized to work in the U.S. (Proof of employment eligibility and identity will be required at time of hire)?* -- No answer --YesNo Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B visa status)? Please answer YES or NO, and if your answer is YES, include the date that you will need sponsorship.* Are you a current or former employee of TBG? Have you worked for TBG though a temp agency? Please provide the dates you have worked for us. If you worked through a temp agency, please provide the name of the agency.* Submit Application
The Bernard Group
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at The Bernard Group
Get fresh Graphic jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.