ERP Administrator (WMS)
- Posted: over a month ago
At The Bernard Group, we work to wow. As a visual merchandising company leading the retail industry in design and production, we come together as a team to win big for some of the most successful brands in the world. Since we’re an employee-owned company, we don’t just list our values, we live them, providing the highest-quality products and services day in and day out. And we do it all with sustainable materials carefully sourced from eco-friendly partners that support social change and community involvement.
We are looking for a talented ERP Administrator (WMS) to join our Technology Enablement team! In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling The Bernard Group’s WMS capabilities. You will work with a cross functional team of technology and operational personnel to ensure that the setup, configuration and capabilities of 3rd party Warehouse Management System is best utilized to meet the demands of the growing business. The ideal candidate will have a few years of related experience and sound knowledge of business and technical processes that include finance, supply chain, and fulfillment.
A variety of these traits will help land you this job. If you have:
- a Bachelor’s Degree in operations, supply chain, logistics, industrial engineering, or technical discipline such as Computer Science, Information Systems, etc, or work history that is equivalent with 4 years of relevant or related experience
- Expertise to train staff on new technologies and procedures within the WMS or support systems
- WMS administration experience strongly preferred
- Warehouse/distribution center experience preferred
- Experience with BI tool/SQL or other programming language (SQL) preferred
- Previous experience with vendor warehouse management software packages such as Datex Footprint, Manhattan, High Jump or Fishbowl, Oracle, etc
On top of that you must:
- have the ability to provide leadership and coaching to new and existing team members on subject matter
- demonstrable interpersonal “soft skills”
- experience developing systems and processes to improve efficiency
- be technically savvy with computer skills, including data management software, and other computer applications. Must be able to have the mechanical aptitude to comprehend complex instructions and apply that learning to effectively & efficiently analyze and cleanse client data
- make the right call with quality decisions, good judgment and keen problem-solving skills in determining better, more efficient work flows with the same high-quality standard
- Exhibit strong critical thinking skills and be extremely detail-oriented to ensure the highest quality of database cleansing and management is the output
- drive results, take initiative and be action-oriented by applying time management and self-management skills every day in order to meet deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude
- be accountable and take ownership of work commitments in meeting clients’ expectations and timelines
- collaborate and embrace the “Art of the Team” by working with Sales, Design, Production and Purchasing teams in order to get the work done on-time and within budget
- have a passion for excellence and drive for quality in all that the team produces
- be empathetic while problem-solving with clients and other team members, and stay process-focused when problem-solving
In this position, you will:
- set up and maintain user accounts and equipment for usage supporting WMS
- schedule and provide training sessions for staff on the WMS SOP, and procedures
- act as the primary point of contact and responder for all fulfillment systems and hardware/software issues. Interact with WMS Vendor for planning software upgrades and support tickets with WMS vendor
- lead or assist in developing dashboards and reports using a BI tool to give enhanced insight into KPIs and operational insights
- assist departments and individuals with answering WMS related questions
- oversee and manage WMS Software within TBG and coordinate with operations staff, software WMS vendor and internal technology staff to maintain all equipment (computers, handheld scanners, internet network, etc.)
- collaborate with business stakeholders to develop business rules within the WMS to ensure that we meet expectations while optimizing operational efficiency
- evaluate and collaborate with operations to propose and implement system changes that improve efficiency in operations. Work with software vendor and internal personnel to test and implement any new functionality related to the WMS
- monitor and evaluate the overall performance of the WMS to identify and recommend system modifications and hardware upgrades to leadership
- collaborate with stakeholders to develop operational SOPs for the WMS to ensure correct procedures are followed in the fulfillment warehouse
- build an internal wiki with technical documentation and SOPs containing correct procedures for the warehouse and various user personas; make it available to all of The Bernard Group stakeholders
- participate in sprint planning and review meetings, daily stand up meetings and provide support and advocacy for the Agile/Scrum methodology for planning and tracking of work related to the WMS.
- perform other duties as assigned by management.
To get hired at The Bernard Group, you MUST be:
- able to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing. Strong interpersonal skills including, demonstrated listening skills and the ability to present ideas and thoughts concisely and effectively both internally and outside the organization
- willing to admit when you make a mistake (it happens to the best of us)
- fiercely loyal to both our customers and teams
- trustworthy, reliable, and easy to get along with
- enthusiastic and eager to take on new challenges
- adaptable and willing to wear whatever hat gets the job done
- We're a 700-person visual merchandising company
- We are 100% employee-owned
- We offer a generous paid time off benefit that increases with tenure
- This is a full-time position in Chanhassen, MN with a hybrid work environment between office and a remote working location
The Art of Teams at TBG:
We put a great amount of energy into building individual teams to handle the speed and details of retail. It’s the difference between average and being a world class service provider.
If you have the talent to do this job, a passion for excellence and are interested in joining the TBG team, please complete the form on this page.
The Bernard Group, Inc.
The Bernard Group is an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity and who remains committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment for all employees.
Powered by JazzHR
The Bernard Group
TechnologyView all jobs at The Bernard Group