- Posted: over a month ago
The Wurst Haus in West Hartford, CT is seeking a skilled bar manager to join our team. The right person should be passionate about hospitality and great food and beverage done right! If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-oriented, and customer-driven environment then you' be a great match. Wurst Haus, a part of the Bean Restaurant Group family of restaurants, serves German and European fare paired with the largest German beer selection in the area. We look forward to hearing from you.
We provide competitive salary of $52,000 - $60,000 pending experience and fantastic benefits, including health insurance and dental/vision insurance. If this sounds like the right opportunity, apply today.
ABOUT BEAN RESTAURANT GROUP
In business since 1965, we are a full-service restaurant management group. Our restaurants are located throughout western Massachusetts and Connecticut. Our values of integrity and genuine hospitality guide us, and we take great pride in what we do to ensure that customers walk out of each of our restaurants satisfied. We treat our patrons and staff with genuine care, and aim to provide exceptional cuisine and unmatched customer service in our local communities.
We are a family-run company that boasts 12 restaurants and over 400 employees, yet we have never lost sight of what truly matters. We are hardworking individuals that support one another and we value our staff members for all they do to bring a sense of hospitality and service to all our patrons.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A BAR MANAGER
As our Bar Manager you'll oversee the day-to-day operations of our bar and restaurant ensuring a quality guest experience. The ideal candidate will have the right attitude to lead our team to excellence and will possess a strong hospitality and service background. Our bar manager will be responsible for maximizing sales and increasing profits contributing to the overall financial success of the business.
Bar Manager Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Handle weekly scheduling, ensure proper coverage is in place depending on business volumes for each area of the restaurant during shift
- Oversee hiring and deliver hands on training and development for all employees, specific areas to include: Guest Service, Etiquette, Food and Beverage Knowledge
- Effectively supervise floor staff to ensure professional service and guest satisfaction during hours of operation
- Oversee the beverage program, with key focus on cocktail, beers, wine
- Build rapport with restaurant guests and ensure an enjoyable and memorable experience
- Work closely with other members of the management and ownership team and communicate when issues arise
- Oversee inventory, reconciling, invoicing
- Ensure staff and restaurant is following all food control and safety regulations
- Processing of weekly payroll for all staff; cash handling and reconciliation
- Review financials and oversee costs of beverage, food, inventory, and labor to control expenses and maximize profitability
- A team player with excellent communication skills and a hospitality-first mentality
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in high volume restaurant or bar management preferred, but we will train the right restaurant candidate who shows a willingness to learn in a collaborative environment
- You pride yourself on your customer service skills, your ability to make people feel at home, your reliability and your ability to keep upbeat even during the busiest shifts
- The ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and solve problems as they come
- Comfortable using point-of-sales systems and software for scheduling, ordering, inventory, and restaurant management.
This full-time position includes day, evening, and late-night shifts as well as weekend shifts.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Dining discounts
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this culinary job, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
The Bean Restaurant Group
AddressWest Hartford, CT
FoodView all jobs at The Bean Restaurant Group