The Beam Team has served America’s most respected brands as a leading construction and fixture installation company for three decades. We are hiring throughout the United States, including in your area. As a “Site Lead” you will have opportunities for travel, training, and advancement and you’ll enjoy great pay.
We work hard. But if you enjoy hands-on work in a team environment and you meet the requirements listed below, please apply with us today—and include your resume!
JOB DESCRIPTION: Site leads work hands-on with the team while supervising your crew to safely move and reposition beams and shelving in store bays; relocate or adjust position of stock currently on display; relabel shelves with new pricing labels; place products, information, signage, stickers or other required materials in strict accordance with Plan-O-Grams, photos or other written or verbal instructions.
- Ideal candidates will have at least one-year experience in retail resets, merchandising, and/or light construction, and will have experience traveling to different project sites and managing teams within a region.
- Must be able to perform repetitive bending, standing and walking up to 8 hours a day
- Must be able to pull, push, and lift materials weighing up to 50 lbs
- Must be willing and physically able to SAFELY climb ladders up to 20 feet high.
- Must be able to use, and have basic hand tools (cordless drill, hammer, screwdrivers, pliers, etc.).
- Be available for day shift as well as for third shift and weekends. Must be available for varied shifts including over-night shifts. Weekly schedules are available for your viewing on Thursday of each week and can change at times due to clients’ request.
- Must be available to travel within 300-400 miles from your home.
- Maintain a consistent work record, including reporting on-time, work within strict safety guidelines and adhere to company's rules and policies.
- Must have your own reliable transportation (not shared) so that you can reliably travel outside of your state as needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license currently not revoked or suspended.
- Must complete all HR documents and onboarding steps quickly after being offered employment.
- During the COVID pandemic, we are providing field employees single-occupancy hotel rooms during overnight travel. Please note that (1) You will not be allowed to bring pets or guests to stay with you while traveling for work; and (2) after the pandemic passes, we will switch to double-occupancy rooms (so at that time you will need to be willing to share a hotel with another team member of the same gender)
- NOTE: The requirements listed above are essential functions of the job that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation. We provide reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities.
SITE LEAD MUST ALSO:
- Have experience managing multiple projects within a region, and in managing crews during reset/remodel, meeting hours expectations while maintaining work quality.
- Transmit reports on project progress, evaluations, hours and any issues.
- Have a solid background in the safe use of basic hand tools including hammers, scrapers and drills as well as other common equipment such as pallet jacks, following all Company and Client safety practices without exception.
- Have a demonstrated ability to interact with clients and team members in an efficient, professional manner.
Pay: $20-$21 per hour, based on experience and demonstrated skills. This is considered a full time position; hours may vary and no work is guaranteed. We offer our part-time employees the opportunity to take part of our medical benefits program. We also offer mileage reimbursement, paid hotels, and a per diem during travel.
NOTE: The current pay rate is $4.00 higher than normal because of the COVID-19 pandemic, and it will be reviewed periodically by the Company. As noted above, after the pandemic passes, we will be shifting back to double-occupancy rooms while traveling for work.
The Beam Team also offers a generous referral bonus program to employees. If you are interested, please ask your Recruiter for more details!
The Beam Team is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in equal opportunities for all in the workplace. This is one of our nation's most cherished and hard-fought values, and it gives applicants and employees a fair shot to reach their highest aspirations.
We ensure that no applicant or employee of The Beam Team is denied equal opportunity because of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, performance reviews, promotions, training, and career development programs.
We will continue to provide reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities, and for religious observances and practices. And we will protect the right of employees and applicants to report incidents of illegal discrimination or harassment without fear of retaliation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.