- 1) Assists workers engaged in fabrication of structural or sheet metal products, performing any combination of following tasks: Lifts, positions, and removes workpieces from machines to assist in fitting and welding.
- 2) Holds tape and rods and marks reference points to assist in layout.
- 3) Loads, stacks, and transports stock, tools, dies, and work in process by hand or truck.
- 4) Attaches rope or grappling equipment to workpieces to prepare workpiece for moving by crane or jib.
- 5) Cleans and scrapes metal preparatory to fabricating, welding, painting, or shipping, using scraping tool, abrasive, or placing in solvent bath.
- 6) Paints metal stocks, using paintbrush.
- 7) Picks up and trucks scrap from work areas.
- 8) May be designated by trade as Ironworker Helper, Shop; Sheet-Metal-Shop Helper.
- 9) Performs other duties as described under HELPER Master Title.