Youth Care Worker/ Youth Counselor
The Baptiste Group Chattanooga, TN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
YOUTH CARE WORKER
The Youth Care Worker is responsible for all direct care to adolescents ages 12-17. They provide a continuous line of sight supervision at all times to their assigned children. They ensure quality care of all children and follow all contract agency policies. They assist children with their valuables, clothing, laundry, and appointments. They report to the Lead Youth Care Worker.
All services shall be provided in accordance with established standards, principles, and ethics of the profession, applicable professional specialty organizations, and the high- quality standard for which TBG is recognized.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides direct supervision of children in care and maintains line-of-sight at all times.
- Provides oversight during recreation, meal time, relaxing time, and play.
- Assists during transition and movement of children from one activity to the next and one physical location to another.
- Interacts with children in an appropriate manner, including playing games or during recreational time.
- Ensures that all contract agency policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensures quality care for all children residents and timely response to their needs.
- Ensures that all children’s needs are provided for such as protection of valuables, clothing distribution, laundry services, etc.
- Provides reports to manager regarding children’s needs, activities, and documentation of time/location.
- Attends appropriate internal and external meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Performs duties in a safe manner.
- Follows the corporate safety policy.
- Participates in and supports safety meetings, training, and goals.
- Encourages co-workers to work safely.
- Identifies “close calls” and/or safety concerns to supervisor.
- Ensures the safety and security of all children and the operating conditions within the area of responsibility.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Minimum age of 21 years or older.
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Bilingual in Spanish & English (Read, Write, Speak).
- Clean criminal background check.
- Clean Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) or child protective services check.
- At least one year of experience with children in child welfare or social service setting.
- Ability to remain calm and composed under stress.
- Must be able to supervise residents indoors and outdoors throughout the entire duration of their shift.
- Meet the requirements of the contract for all immunizations
- Able to receive and understand detailed information through oral communication.
- Excellent presentation skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with computer, common office equipment, and MS Office products required.
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs.
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Able to withstand changing environmental conditions with weather (rain, lightning, extreme heat and winds).
- Able to withstand and manipulate through construction areas, sports fields, etc.
- Use of manual dexterity, tactile, visual, and audio acuity.
- Must be able to supervise clients indoors and outdoors throughout the entire duration of their shift period, which lasts 8 hours or more on a typical shift.
- Must be able to stand, bend, or stoop for the entire duration of the shift, as necessary.
- Must be prepared and physically able to respond with appropriate protocol in a variety of dynamic supervision situations with clients of 12-17 years in age.
- In a sudden or emergency event, staff must at all times be physically able to run, jump, lunge, twist, push, pull, and assist evacuating an adolescent to safety.
- Ability to pass a medical examination to determine one’s fitness to satisfactorily and safely care for youth if accommodations are required.
- Able to communicate verbally and listen for constant surveillance of staff activities
TBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Baptiste Group
GovernmentView all jobs at The Baptiste Group