The Case Manager is responsible for ensuring timely and coordinated case management and family reunification services for children in an on-site children’s residential facility. Responsible for the safe and timely release of all children to appropriate care. They ensure contractual requirements and client expectations are met at the on-site residential facility.
All services shall be provided in accordance with established standards, principles, and ethics of the profession, applicable professional specialty organizations, and the high-quality standard for which TBG is recognized.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates case management and family reunification services for children.
- Initiates and maintains direct contact with each child and the child’s family while the child is in care in order to efficiently advance the child’s family reunification and release the child from the facility.
- Facilitates the timely release or discharge of children to identified family members or authorized caregiver/custodian and document the provision of services in each child’s case file.
- Ensures assessments are conducted in accordance with contract policies and procedures.
- Reports significant incidents in accordance with contract policies and procedures.
- Works closely with counselors and care coordinators to ensure communication.
- Maintains the Database in accordance with contract policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- Performs duties in a safe manner.
- Follows the corporate safety policy.
- Participates and supports safety meetings, training, and goals.
- Ensures the safety and security of all children and the operating conditions within the area of responsibility.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Fluent in English and Spanish (speak, read, and write).
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, sociology, or other relevant behavioral science.
- 6 months of case management experience with children..
- Clean criminal background check.
- Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, be organized and have excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Master’s degree in the behavioral sciences, human services or social services fields and at least three years of progressive employment experience in the aforementioned fields.
- 2 year of case management.
- 3 year of supervisory.
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Visual acuity required to complete paperwork, computer work and direct line of sight supervision of staff.
- Able to communicate verbally and listen to constant surveillance of staff activities.
- Able to withstand changing environmental conditions with the weather (rain, lightning, and winds).
- Able to withstand and manipulate through construction areas, sports fields, etc.
- Ability to stand; particularly for sustained periods of time.
The Baptiste Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.