The Clinician is responsible for providing the clinical
counseling services to an assigned caseload for a
children’s residential facility. Functions as the
liaison with other Clinicians and Case Management and
any other vendors. This position is responsible for
ensuring contractual requirements and client
expectations are met at the residential facility.
Reports to the Lead Clinician.
All services shall be provided in accordance with
established standards, principles, and ethics of the
profession, applicable professional specialty
organizations, and the high-quality standard for which
TBG is recognized.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that all contract policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Conducts and documents mental health assessments for all children in care as well as provide ongoing individual and group counseling in accordance with contract m policies and procedures.
- Screens for human trafficking concerns.
- Provides crisis Intervention.
- Ensures quality care for all children and timely response to their needs, including crisis intervention.
- Provides weekly counseling to assigned caseload.
- Provides group therapy/community group meetings.
- Coordinates caseload with assigned case managers and lead case managers.
- Provides reports needed to a supervisor.
- Attends internal and external meetings.
- Maintains the children’s case file and database in accordance with contract policies and procedures.
- Reports significant incidents in accordance with contract policies and procedures.
- Follows up on all Significant Incident Reports (SIRs).
- Other duties as assigned by the department head.
- Performs duties in a safe manner.
- Follows the corporate safety policy.
- Participates and supports safety meetings, training, and goals.
- Ensures the safety and security of all children and the safe operating conditions within the area of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as assigned within the scope of work and responsibility.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English (Speaking, Writing and Reading)
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, sociology or other relevant behavioral science plus five (5) years of clinical employment experience in this area.
- Licensed in Social Work or other Clinical Counseling field or license eligible.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel as needed.
- Excellent presentation skills as well as oral and written communication skills required.
- Proficiency with computer, common office equipment, and MS Office products required.
- Clean criminal background check and drug screen.
- Clean Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) or child protective services check.
- Meet the requirements of the contract for all immunizations
- Master’s degree in social work (MSW), psychology, sociology or other relevant behavioral science in which clinical experience with 6 months of post-graduate direct service experience.
- Experience with the assessment of trauma, abuse or human trafficking.
- Work involves sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs.
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Able to withstand changing environmental conditions with weather (rain, heat, lightning, and winds)
TBG is an equal opportunity employer.