Workpool Refrigeration Technician; Variable Shift
- Over a month ago
Salary Range:$29.10/hour-$37.83 Exempt/Non-Exempt:Non-Exempt Employment Type:Full Time
Description: The Refrigeration Technician provides industrial maintenance support to ensure the safe and effective operation of the production facility. Key responsibilities include the maintenance, repair and safe operation of the production facility's mechanical infrastructure, including ammonia-based refrigeration systems, HVAC systems and boilers. Additional responsibilities include the repair, troubleshooting and maintenance of the facility manufacturing systems.
Essential Job Functions/Job Responsibilities: Please see People Systems or online job posting for complete Job Description
- Understand and support the Philosophies of Bama described in the Bama Manual
- Understand your role in integrating and executing the 4 strategic objectives of Bama: Customers are wildly important, People are wildly important, Business Improvement, and Smart Fun Growth
- Understand and commit to "act like an owner" to take action to achieve overall success of the entire enterprise
- Engage in Courageous Conversations for improvement of the organization
- Written and oral communication with your shift leader, other Maintenance shift crews and between Operations / QA and Warehouse co-workers to ensure effective communication.
- Carry out work plans for maintenance needs and coordinate appropriately with Operations and QA. Identify additional needs for input into, or adjustment to, current and future work plans.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Participate in providing technical support to the Emergency Response Team for their shift including the provision of facility knowledge, drawings, plans, and their interpretation should the need arise.
- Critical thinking skills including the ability to: 1) raise vital questions and problems and formulate them clearly and precisely; 2) gather and assess data and information and use abstract ideas to interpret it effectively, 3) come to well-reasoned conclusions and solutions, testing them against relevant criteria and standards; 4) think open-mindedly about alternatives while recognizing and assessing their inherent assumptions, implications, and practical consequences; and 5) communicate effectively with others in figuring out solutions to complex problems.
- Identifies and/or corrects potentially hazardous conditions.
- Safely perform work, including adherence to Bama policies such as lock-out tag-out and confined space entry.
- Participate in the development of safety procedures, standards and controls.
- Complete all compliance documentation required to ensure its readiness for all internal or external audits or inspections (such as for AIB, OSHA, EPA, Insurance companies, and local/state/federal agencies).
- Math and reading comprehension to understand and interpret technical manuals, bulletins, blueprints and schematics.
- Must be proficient in both of the following areas: -Ammonia refrigeration system safe operation, maintenance, repair, HVAC system maintenance and repair, and meeting PSM requirements, -Maintenance and repair of plant support systems including boilers, air compressors, high pressure hot water, plumbing and equipment movers.
- Must be proficient in at least 3 of the following areas and have basic knowledge of the others: -Maintenance and repair of motor controls, general industrial wiring and hardware, and electrical troubleshooting -Maintenance and repair of mechanical systems including pneumatics, bearings, seals, gears, chains, sprockets, pipe fitting, and appropriate lubrication of mechanical systems -Basic Mig and Tig welding for repair purposes -The use of shop machinery including mills, lathes, drill presses and normal industrial tools for repair purposes.
- First Class Stationary Engineer license.
- Understands Predictive Maintenance concepts & can interpret PdM findings to ensure appropriate repairs are planned/executed.
- Available for occasional travel to support technical development or other company needs.
- Available for working any shift in a 24/7 food manufacturing operation.
- 2 years electrical, electronics, or HVAC degree or equivalent training / experience.
- 5 years Maintenance experience in manufacturing, preferably in the food industry.
- Able to defuse conflict in emotionally charged situations.
- Experience with ammonia refrigeration system operation, maintenance, repair, and PSM requirements.
- HVAC system maintenance & repair..
- Refrigeration recovery license.
- Six Sigma Green Belt
*** Bama is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. ***
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
The Bama Companies
ManufacturingView all jobs at The Bama Companies
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?