Job Title CNC Applications Engineer
Location: Troy, AL
Department: CNC Fabrication Operations
Reports To: Engineering Manager
The CNC Application Engineer will provide a broad Knowledge of cutting tools with the ability to trouble shoot 5 axis milling, multi spindle turning operations & Swiss machining processes. High level of understanding of CAD/CAM software (Master Cam), and hands on experience with G-code & macro programming. This position requires working knowledge & hands on ability to perform machine run offs. Broad & in-depth knowledge of at multiple machine control systems with a wide knowledge of multiple machining platforms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates CNC programs for a variety of multi-axis CNC machines, including vertical & horizontal milling machines, mill turns, & swiss lathes.
- Identifies and implements solutions for increased machine productivity and capability.
- Provides technical support for quality controls, process improvements, cost savings, process development projects, etc.
- Provides support for the development of manufacturing processes on various multi axis milling & turning machines.
- Develops machining solutions to support new product development.
- Leads projects and processes; works with cross-functional teams to complete projects.
- Works with equipment/tooling and material vendors - Evaluates processes for improvements.
- Creates tool setup sheets for operators/machinists for use on the shop floor.
- Provide CNC technical expertise during DFM process with regard to new product development.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in engineering or a related technical discipline.
- Knowledgeable of General Manufacturing Processes & Lean Six Sigma Tools.
- Proven manufacturing background with CNC programming, setup & operation.
- Experience in Master Cam, Solid Works preferred.
- Proven experience with NC controllers (PLC), FANUC robotics and computer numerical control (CNC) programming from computer aided design (CAD) models is a plus.
5 years CNC programming experience or minimum 5 years CNC Programming experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering
- Technical Degree in CNC
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Kaizen event experience
- 5S knowledge and experience
Ability to read, write, listen and follow instructions. Ability to read blueprints.
Competent in developing systematic solutions.
Ability to develop product processes
Travel will normally be less than 5% (training, equipment development, satellite facility support).
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
Attendance is an essential job requirement defined as having regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance including the ability to work regular hours and shifts, overtime before and after shifts and on weekends. Ability to work as part of a team, including all related departments/plants or independently as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of the job the employee works in a manufacturing environment and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to touch, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
This position requires compliance with ITAR requirement. Must be a “U.S. Person” (per ITAR 120.15) and are required to show proof substantiating this upon being hired.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Activities, duties and/or responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice at the sole discretion of the Company.