The Host coordinates dining room activities to assure quality service is provided to guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet and greet customers promptly, courteously, and graciously, addressing customers by name whenever possible.
- Learn the locals’ names and recognize them when they come to the restaurant.
- Escort customers to tables and provides menus.
- Arrange parties or special services for customers.
- Answer phones; manage reservations and notes in Open Table; take to-go orders, receive payment and bring food to customers when they arrive.
- Maintain a complete working knowledge of the menus, menu ingredients, and daily specials.
- Manager the door; maintain wait list, as appropriate; inform customers of approximate wait time and where they can wait for a table; inform customers when their table is prepared.
- Manage customer complaints and dissatisfaction in a prompt and professional manner; determine necessary adjustments; inform manager of complaint and resolution.
- Anticipate customers’ needs by constantly scanning the room.
- Respond properly in any dining room emergency or safety situation.
- Monitor dining room serving stations for neatness and cleanliness.
- Inspect menus and lists to ensure their condition and appearance.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or GED or equivalent and at least one year of experience and/or working in a customer service role; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with customers both on the phone and in person. Must maintain professionalism in high stress situations. Must be able to utilize basic computer skills for data entry. Must be able to read and interpret basic documents.