Process Engineer - Extruded Plastics
The AZEK Company Location Scranton, PA
The Process Engineer, under the direction of the Director of Process Engineering, is responsible for supporting manufacturing operations by supervising the Process and Tooling Technicians and using troubleshooting and problem-solving techniques with the overall objective of improving plant efficiencies. This individual will be required to develop, recommend and implement improvements to production processes, methods and controls. The incumbent will display a commitment to Core Values.
· Focuses on improving equipment performance including gravimetric feeders, extruders and downstream equipment to improve uptime and rate and reduce scrap to improve plant performance
· Participates in meetings related to plant performance, lead line efforts, engineering topics and special projects
· Serves as key member of Production projects focusing on implementing recommended systems and equipment on model lines to improve metrics
· Communicates with Operators, Leads, Engineers and leadership on areas of potential improvement and researches new equipment and processing methods to address those needs
· Manages line commissioning efforts that occur after Preventive Maintenance event and manages open action item follow-up activities as well as report SUR metric and Yield before and after each line commission.
· Researches and calculates cost savings opportunities and completes cost savings analysis justification
· Designs auxiliary equipment for improved functionality (e.g. vent stuffers and mist tank improvements).
· Performs additional duties as needed and/or assigned by supervision/management
· Adhere to Safety First and "I believe in ZERO" approach in all activities
· Integrate Lean/Six Sigma and continuous improvement in all projects
· Responsible for specifying process tooling for engineer activities and projects
Education: Bachelor's Degree (4-year college or technical school) in Engineering discipline
Experience: 3+ manufacturing plant experience. Lean Six Sigma experience desirable.
Other desired skills:
· Knowledge of extrusion and continuous experience.
· Strong background in manufacturing systems, data collection and statistical analysis;
· Demonstrated success in interfacing with internal (manufacturing, engineering, quality) and external (contractors, vendors) customers;
· Excellent mechanical aptitude;
· Understand manufacturing processes and technologies
The Azek Company (Timbertech)AZEK Building Products manufactures home building materials under two divisions: TimberTech® and AZEK Exteriors®. TimberTech offers a premium portfolio of capped polymer and capped composite decking – as well as railing, porch, lighting and paver products – while AZEK Exteriors manufactures distinctly unique trim and molding. Together the brands present homeowners, builders, architects, dealers and contractors with a comprehensive suite of first-rate products that are long lasting, sustainable alternatives to wood. AZEK is headquartered in Chicago, IL (with plants in OH and PA) and also owns Minneapolis-based Ultralox railing systems.