Market Development Manager – Exterior Trim Building Products
The Market Development Manager is responsible for generating awareness of, creating demand for, and generating sales of AZEK's Exterior Trim and Moulding products among architects, target builders, target multi-family/commercial developers, remodelers and contractors/installers in their geographic area of responsibility.
The AZEK Company is an industry leading manufacturer of engineered low-maintenance residential and commercial building products headquartered in Chicago, IL.
· Create and manage a list of target builders, target multi-family/commercial developers, remodelers, contractors/installers in their geographic area of responsibility.
· Meet with end users to generate awareness and understanding of AZEK's Trim/Siding products and convert them to ongoing customers.
· Provide in-field training to end users as appropriate.
· Generate, track and coordinate opportunities (leads) with the appropriate local dealers and their sales representatives.
· Secure projects/sales.
· Answer end user's questions about products, prices, availability, applications and terms.
· Respond to end user's needs on a timely basis.
· Create and maintain current customer records using Salesforce.
· Develop and maintain relationships with local dealer sales and customer representatives
· Create and maintain an aggressive schedule of end user contacts/calls and events with local dealer yards and dealer sales representatives. Schedule periodic contractor events at dealer yards. Schedule periodic joint sales calls with assigned dealer sales representatives
· Keep AZEK's local Regional Sales Manager informed of demand generation activities with dealers
· Be regularly available and responsive to customers’ real-time needs
· Complete expense reports, sales reports, and other paperwork.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Experience: 3+ years relevant outside Sales experience selling and working with builders, contractors, lumber yards, etc.
Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
Computer Skills Applies skill in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), CRM input, and sales tracking software as appropriate. Use of computer to enter data, create reports, correspondence, presentations, etc.
Certificates & Licenses: Valid Driver’s License
Other Requirements: Demonstrable influencing and well-developed presentation skills. Seasoned sales experience; Basic, Consultative, Negotiation. Ability to travel up to 75% of the time in common forms of transportation (plane, car, train, etc.)
The Azek Company (Timbertech)AZEK Building Products manufactures home building materials under two divisions: TimberTech® and AZEK Exteriors®. TimberTech offers a premium portfolio of capped polymer and capped composite decking – as well as railing, porch, lighting and paver products – while AZEK Exteriors manufactures distinctly unique trim and molding. Together the brands present homeowners, builders, architects, dealers and contractors with a comprehensive suite of first-rate products that are long lasting, sustainable alternatives to wood. AZEK is headquartered in Chicago, IL (with plants in OH and PA) and also owns Minneapolis-based Ultralox railing systems.