The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Work independently in a project manager or curriculum architect capacity to complete highly complex instructional design assignments and advanced eLearning projects. Responsibilities include: developing design strategies; organizing, developing, revising and updating all aspects of course curriculums (i.e., storyboards, content, platforms and modules); evaluating revisions and updates for effectiveness; maintaining online courses and programs; creating high-level graphic design components; producing instructional materials. Ensure cost-effective completion of complex to highly complex projects within specified deadlines while adhering to established company standards.
Serve as a subject matter expert by providing advanced insight and trusted instructional design counsel to senior leaders and executives. Conduct needs assessments to identify employee development needs within assigned business units. Lead project teams tasked with developing and executing learning and instructional design strategies/plans in support of business initiatives and corporate goals. Identify and utilize the appropriate resources to complete projects. Forecast and communicate potential project outcomes to senior leaders and business units. Interpret issues and foresee any problems. Take a broad perspective to identify, analyze and recommend innovative approaches to address and resolve highly complex problems.
Work with Learning and Development Support Team to upload courses, updates and documents to the Learning Management System. Evaluate and test uploaded courses. Coordinate and facilitate hand-off training for Learning Specialists.
Maintain current and emerging knowledge of instructional design techniques and media. Make recommendations for improvements to departmental instructional design methods, processes and procedures. Act as a resource to less experienced staff.
- Master's Degree in Education, Training, Instructional Design or a related field
Work in a temperature-controlled office environment. May be required to travel and work irregular hours.
- Bachelor Degree in Education, Training, Instructional Design or a related field or equivalent work experience
- proven experience utilizing instructional technology to edit course content
- proven experience writing, editing, proofreading and organizing course content, layout and audio/video scripts
- developing and executing training curriculum and learning strategies
- interviewing subject matter experts
- creating instructional documents, guides or job aids
- HTML and Flash programming
- training methods and techniques
- course and script writing techniques
- current instructional design techniques and media (i.e., Storyline)
- Microsoft Office applications, Microsoft SharePoint, Adobe Creative Suite
- develop and execute training curriculums and learning strategies
- actively identify new learning opportunities
- provide counsel to all levels of management regarding instructional design processes
- write and edit course modules and programs
- develop storyboards with graphic design components for various employee audiences
- communicate effectively within a work environment
- conduct needs assessments
- actively identify new learning opportunities
- demonstrate effective writing skills
- analyze and resolve problems
- willingness and ability to travel throughout the assigned region
- work irregular hours
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Job: **Human Resources/Payroll*
Organization: **Learning and Development*
Title: Instructional Design Consultant
Requisition ID: 190001R1