The Austin Company of Irvine, California is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to become a part of our team! You will prepare detailed Mechanical/HVAC concepts from user requirements. You will develop alternatives, identify advantages and disadvantages of HVAC systems. Review construction documents for compliance with scope of work, client requirements and good engineering practice. Perform mechanical load calculations, size requirements, while sizing ductwork and piping.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Prepares working drawings and performs detailed calculations for a small project or a detailed segment of a larger project.
· Prepares technical specifications for review and approval.
· Responsible for the selection of equipment to be used to satisfy the scope of the project.
· Evaluates vendors’ bids and drawings to assure compliance with specifications and requirements of the project.
· Reviews and approves design drawings of other employees or offices for an assigned segment of a project.
· Takes a lead role in working with other disciplines to ensure there are no conflicts or interferences between distribution systems.
· Coordinate with field personnel and contractors to resolve problems that arise during construction. Frequently inspects construction projects for compliance with the engineering drawings and specifications.
· Must ensure that all design work is within the preliminary scope definition and complies with all applicable building codes.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Normally requires a 4-year mechanical engineering degree and typically 3-5 years’ related experience (or equivalent working knowledge/experience). This includes considerable experience in utilizing various computer software packages such as AutoCAD and other automated engineering and design equipment.