DUTIES OF POSITION:
The Accounting Assistant supports a skilled team of Accountants by performing a variety of essential
entry level accounting duties, data entry, filing and reporting. The major duties of this position will
- Reconciliation of bank statements
- Supporting the accounts payable function with data entry of invoices, review of expense
- reports and filing of A/P documents.
- Processing cash receipts.
- Creating and entering standard journal entries into the accounting system.
- Providing payroll support such as data entry of time sheets, completing monthly/periodic
- payroll related reports, filing of tax forms and contacting employees to resolve time sheet
- Maintaining the Accounting Department calendar.
- Completing and submitting labor/wage surveys.
- Maintaining and reporting sales and use tax.
- Performing credit card statement reconciliations, ensuring all credit card purchases are
- supported, coded correctly and comply with company policies.
- Filing/scanning and copying of accounting documents.
- Maintaining Business Registrations/Licenses in all states where we conduct business.
- Providing support for annual Internal and external audit requests.
- Maintaining personnel files.
- Assisting with a variety periodic reports and analysis.
- Minimum requirement of HS diploma. Associates degree is a plus.
- Must be experienced and proficient with the use of business software and equipment such as
- MS Excel, MS Word, Outlook, scanning, copying.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Must have a minimum of 2 to 3 years working in a business environment performing duties
- similar to the duties listed in this posting.
- Experience in a Construction or A/E environment is a plus.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Candidate must have strong attention to detail skills.
- Candidate must have demonstrated strong planning and organizational skills.