- Posted: over a month ago
About the organization:
We are the leading organization dedicated to ending the most common form of dementia under 60, known as FTD. We help families affected today, and drive research to bring hope for the future.
AFTD was founded by a volunteer in 2002. Empowering families to bring about change and make a difference in the lives of others in their communities is central to everything we do. We raise awareness to tell the world about a devastating, little known disease. We educate health professionals, helping them to provide responsive care in their communities. We fund leading-edge science and work with leading biopharma companies to advance research.
Our work to bring about a world without dementia is only missing your passion and your expertise. AFTD is growing rapidly, with a greater ability to offer help for those affected than ever before. By applying for this essential role, you can take the next step in your career, and make a difference for others.Job Description
About the role:
The Content Writer is directly responsible for the creation of collateral and content for AFTD’s digital platforms, focused on web and e-blast content. They collaborate with members of AFTD staff across departments to ensure that AFTD assets, including the organization’s websites, reflect the most up-to-date content. Using a keen eye for detail, the Content Writer creates and refines current content that promotes AFTD’s SEO and search marketing strategies. They work with subject matter experts across the organization to reflect AFTD’s emergent knowledge of FTD and the full range of work to address the disease in accordance with AFTD branding and messaging, while responding to team requests from across the organization in a timely and accountable manner.
Essential Job Functions
Content Development: In accordance with AFTD’s style and messaging guidelines, write and revise targeted content for a variety of primarily digital contexts and audiences, including but not limited to AFTD e-blasts, newsletters, blogs, website pages, and other publications. Content will be created at the request of AFTD’s Content & Media Relations Manager. The Content Writer will demonstrate an ability to create new content—and review and update existing content—that effectively captures and helps to expand the diversity of the FTD community.
Other Job Functions
- Create or update content for print collateral as needed.
- Generate new ideas to keep AFTD’s website content fresh and offer input to help refine the structure and sequence of content offered, based on discussions with the team and Google Analytics data.
- Coordinate AFTD’s day-to-day work using Marketing Cloud for email delivery, in close collaboration with the staff across the organization.
- Assist the Content & Media Relations Manager in identifying FTD-related stories, crafting story pitches, and conducting outreach to journalists and media outlets to spread awareness of FTD and AFTD.
- Use existing platforms (Salesforce, Marketing Cloud, WordPress) and other platforms to ensure that AFTD communications are effectively and strategically reaching our constituents.
- Maintain content in other platforms, including Salesforce, for incorporation into AFTD’s website.
- Travel for organizational meetings and events as needed.
- This position is an individual contributor and does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this role:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, Journalism, Marketing, or similar field, or equivalent preferred. Equivalent experience may also be considered.
- 3-5 years of professional writing experience; health/science/disease-advocacy writing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of human resources practices, employment law, and recruiting practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills are required. Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, particularly Word are required.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple deadlines are required.
- Digital platform knowledge and experience including WordPress, MailChimp, Marketing Cloud, Salesforce or comparable platforms is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated experience with outreach to diverse populations is preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish is a plus.
The Association for Frontotemporal Degeneration requires all new employees to present proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when they start work. Currently, “fully vaccinated” is defined as someone that has received both doses of the Pfizer/Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine 14 days or more before they begin work. Individuals with a disability or a religious reason preventing them from taking the vaccine may request an accommodation.
AFTD is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) guidelines.
If you are interested in learning more about this unique opportunity, please submit your cover letter and CV. Only applications with a cover letter will be considered.
The Association for Frontotemporal Degeneration
AddressKing of Prussia, PA
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at The Association for Frontotemporal Degeneration