Generate controls designs and write control programs for machinery built by AGR. This position requires coordination with Engineers, Project Managers, Customers and Vendors. Use a high level of judgement and experience to make robust, effective equipment. Work to be performed at the lowest cost consistent with quality standards, design requirements and completion schedules.
- Design controls for industrial machinery of world-class quality.
- Responsibility for overall control system concept and design along with project deployment responsibility while working with designers, drafts people and technicians within the electrical department.
- Create and draw electrical schematics in conformance to specifications using AutoCAD Electrical and/or Solid Works Electrical
- Create Bills Of Material for the Purchasing Department.
- Work with others: (Mechanical Engineers, Project Managers, Customers, Vendors etc.)
- Develop control concept with input from others and customer specifications.
- Write control programs: PLC, HMI, Motor Control, Robotics etc.
- Conform to all applicable safety standards for industrial machinery.
- Work with the AGR personnel and customers throughout the build process to provide the most efficient sharing of information.
- Perform all activities in conformance with the AGR Quality System and ISO procedures.
- Assure that Quality Policy and ISO procedures are followed.
- Demonstrate application of acquired knowledge from Lean training.
- Knowledge and experience with electrical systems and codes
- Advanced computer knowledge
- Knowledge and experience in Vision System programming and interface
- Knowledge and experience in robot system design, programming and implementation
- Knowledge and experience in Rockwell Automation motion control platforms
- Knowledge and experience in high level languages (Visual Basic, C#, etc.)
- CAD drawing experience using AutoCAD Electrical and/or Solid Works Electrical
- PLC programming experience with a heavy concentration using RSLogix 5000
- Read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures or governmental regulations
- Write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, co-workers, customers and vendors.
- Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variable in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.