The Art Farm NYC is hiring for lead and assistant teachers
Also, looking for Physical Education teacher. Feel free to inquire! Hours will differ from Lead and Assistant teacher openings.
Lead Camp Teacher
Looking for lead teachers for our comprehensive summer camp program serving children aged 3-10. We're looking for positive, fun, creative, hardworking individuals who understand and love camp. A great attitude and an ability to roll with changes and keep a smile while doing it are a must.
Great opportunity for an elementary school teacher looking for a fun work environment for the summer!
Numerous openings available for half day early childhood camp and full day camp for ages 4- 10.
Hours per week: June 24 – August 16th | Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 3:30 pm Or
June 24 – August 16th | Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
(Start date can be flexible for DOE employees.)
• Follow schedules and lesson plans provided by the camp director and ensure they are carried out
• Maintain and communicate roster discrepancies.
• Work with co-teachers and Director to address any child behavior concerns.
• Complete any daily or weekly paperwork as it ties into your assigned shift (attendance, newsletter information)
• Work as an integral member of the Leadership Team.
• Responsible for camper safety including camper care and discipline
• Ensure that programs are of a high quality, challenging, creative, and safe programs for campers of all ages and abilities.
• Maintain daily, open communication with parents.
• Support physical activity by leading physical education when it is in the schedule
• Ensure good public relations and provide friendly customer service to all campers, families, staff and visitors.
• Promote high staff and camper morale. Motivates staff to ensure camper well-being, fun and happiness.
• Maintain a professional appearance in the camp community, while modeling responsible behavior for camp staff.
• Motivate and encourage staff to plan, present, and maintain effective programs to ensure the campers’ wellbeing, fun and happiness.
• In consultation with the director, make adjustments with camp program and staff to assure a smooth flow of camp operation.
• Responsible for the safety and well-being of campers and staff.
• Assure that behavior management techniques are correctly applied to conflicts with children when necessary.
• Recognize and respond effectively to emergencies.
• Record all medical incidents in the med log and complete any necessary paperwork regarding program incident reports.
• Attend all pre-program trainings and staff meetings before camp begins and any planned meetings scheduled during the duration of camp.
• Displays a positive attitude towards The Art Farm NYC, to help maintain a positive image of The Art Farm NYC
• Accepts other responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Director.
CPR/First Aid are required. Up to do date qualifications and/or flexibility in updating are a plus. If you don't have the desired certs, we are glad to help you get trained and certified.
Must commit to June 24 – August 16th (Start date can be flexible for DOE employees.)
Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education a must.
Experience as a lead teacher required.
Please include the following:
• Cover letter stating why you would be the best candidate and which camp group best interests you (More information on our camps can be found online at www.TheArtFarms.com)
• Resume which will include current address and educational background
• Three references