Looking for an individual to assist our Camp Directors with the, management, supervision and health and safety of a comprehensive summer camp program serving children ages 3-10. We're looking for positive, fun, creative, hardworking individual who understands and loves camp. A great attitude and an ability to roll with changes and keep a smile while doing it are a must. Great opportunity for a teacher or individual with an Early Childhood or Elementary Education degree, or someone with a nursing background. Staff member will also be the one to help students if they are not feeling well and help administer COVID - 19 guidelines. Camp operator will review all of what the staff member will need to be responsible for. Monitor children in the mornings, help with screenings, be comfortable with a sick child etc.
Hours per week: July 20, 2020 – August 21, 2020 | Monday – Friday 7:30 am – 3:30 pm
(Start date can be flexible for DOE employees.)
Help maintain a safe and healthy camp environment and follow CDC and NYS Summer Day Camp Guidelines
Assist with screening campers and camp waivers
Maintain First Aide Supplies
Be the Camps COVID Contact and help assist with any COVID situations along with camp operator and other directors.
• Help educate visitors and parents about our camp.
• Ensure good public relations and provide friendly customer service to all campers, families, staff and visitors.
• Promote high staff and camper morale. Motives staff to ensure camper well-being, fun and happiness.
• Maintain a professional appearance in the camp community, while modeling responsible behavior for camp staff.
• Motivate and encourage staff to plan, present, and maintain effective programs to ensure the campers’ well being, fun and happiness.
• Organize and maintain a medical binder of health forms for all participants and reaching out to families that require a form to be turned in.
• In consultation with the director, make adjustments with camp program and staff to assure a smooth flow of camp operation.
• Responsible for the safety and well-being of campers and staff.
• Assure that behavior management techniques are correctly applied to conflicts with children when necessary and under camp directors supervision.
• Recognize and respond effectively to emergencies.
• Record all medical incidents in the med log and complete any necessary paperwork regarding
program incident reports.
• Attend all pre-program trainings, certifications and staff meetings before camp begins and any planned
meetings scheduled during the duration of camp.
• Displays a positive attitude towards The Art Farm NYC, to help maintain a positive image of The Art Farm NYC
• Accepts other responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Director.
CPR/First Aid are required or Nursing License Up to do date qualifications and/or flexibility in updating are a plus. If you don't have the desired certs, we are glad to help you get trained and certified.
Must commit to July 20th – August 21st | Monday – Friday 7:30 am – 3:30 pm
Bachelor’s Degree a must - background in elementary education, or children's nursing a plus.
Compensation $17 - $18 per hour
Please include the following:
• Cover letter stating why you would be the best candidate
• Resume which will include current address and educational background
• Three references