Substance Abuse Counselor - SARP
The Arora Group, Inc. Jacksonville, NC
- Posted: over a month ago
DUTIES OF THE SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR - SARP:
- Perform a full range of Substance Abuse Counselor duties, in accordance with assignments under the task order and consistent with scope of practice for profession, including but not limited to, medical care and treatment and patient education in a knowledgeable, skillful, consistent, and continuous manner.
- Obtain or provide relevant information that will facilitate treatment, assist in developing programs, and service delivery relating to the SARP.
- Provide assessment of substance abuse and addiction.
- Provide assessment of patient s issues in addiction.
- Identify and document medical consequences of alcohol and other substance use, including withdrawal and detoxification.
- Facilitate the placement and management of patients in appropriate levels of care within the continuum of care model of the treatment of addictive disorders.
- Possess a minimum of 1 year experience within the preceding 2 years as a Substance Abuse Counselor in a Substance Abuse Rehabilitation Program, which includes male and female clients.
- Graduate from a behavioral science program with specialized training in substance abuse and chemical dependency treatment.
- Maintain a national certification credential by the National Association of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors or National Board of Certification Counselors or International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium/Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Certified Addictions Counselor.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (for access to Gov' t computer systems)
- Competitive pay
- 10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year
- 10 paid Federal holidays
- Health & Welfare allowance covers the cost of health insurance, long and short-term disability, and life insurance
- Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for almost 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability