The Arora Group, Inc. Jacksonville, NC
- Posted: over a month ago
DUTIES OF THE NEUROPSYCHOLOGIST
- Perform a full range of Neuropsychology services including neuropsychological and psychological testing and interpretation and reporting of results, within the scope of clinical privileges granted by the Commanding Officer, on site using government furnished supplies, facilities and equipment within the assigned unit.
- Maintains current knowledge on standards of practice regarding appropriate test utilization and selection of neuropsychological and psychological tests
- Completes neuropsychological reports within MTF standard timeframe.
- Provide administration and interpretation of neuropsychological, cognitive and personality tests, providing clinical consultation regarding selection of neuropsychological tests and assisting clinical departments in planning neuropsychological treatment plans and interpreting effectiveness and quality of treatment plans.
- Assess progress of patients and modify or extend treatment program accordingly. Coordinate care of patients with referring physicians.
- Intervene as a crisis counselor in situations requiring immediate psychological treatment such as substance abuse, suicide attempts, psychotic episodes and other instances in accordance with standard MTF policies.
- Provide unscheduled Specialty Procedures and Cases
- Active Duty Crises Intervention
- Acute psychotic episode evaluations
- Suicide threats/gestures
- Psychological testing on the above cases
- Possess a doctoral degree in clinical psychology or neuropsychology.
- Have completed a formal two-year post-doctoral fellowship in Clinical Neuropsychology.
- Possess a minimum of one year experience in adult clinical neuropsychology. Experience shall not be inclusive of the post-doctoral fellowship.
- Graduate from an American Psychology Assoc accredited college or university.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a psychoogist in any State, the District of Columbia, U.S. Territories.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (for access to Gov' t computer systems)
- Competitive pay
- 10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year
- 10 paid Federal holidays
- Health & Welfare allowance covers the cost of health insurance, long and short-term disability, and life insurance
- Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for almost 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability