HVAC/R Install Project Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Project Manager is responsible for evaluating bid specifications and drawings for construction projects. The Project Manager plans and oversees the building process of various construction projects from start to finish and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete each essential function (job duty/requirement) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities or sincerely held beliefs, to perform the essential functions. Contact HR for additional information.
- Plans all phases of the construction lifecycle from initiation to completion
- Formulates bids and devises plan for project execution
- Communicates with existing and new customers to provide bids for work ranging from mid-size service jobs to large installation projects
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and requirements; setting priorities
- Solicits and maintains communication with subcontractors and vendors
- Prepare subcontractors bid packages and obtains all necessary regulations and permits
- Evaluates offers to purchase by costing changes, additions, and site requirements
- Performs take offs of blueprints and performs accurate job costing to ensure all costs and requirements are met to perform installs
- Obtains and review submittals for review of unit change out and retrofits
- Perform job walks and site surveys to better evaluate potential projects and retrofits
- Contact and communicate with general contractors regarding proposals and estimates
- Evaluate lead services such as Dodge and Bidmail regarding potential construction opportunities
- Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price
- Communicates with clients and delivers project progress reports
- Contacts supply houses to obtain additional vendor bids
- Shows creativity and resourcefulness to gain better pricing from subcontractors
- Submits 100% of bids and budgets by the bid deadline
- Maintains quality service by following organizational standards
- Maintains continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors
- Visit sites and record information about access, drainage, structural limitations, and availability of services such as water and electricity
· Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Job Requirements – Minimum Qualifications
· High school diploma or GED.
· Field experience in HVACR industry – minimum 5 years, recommended.
· Experience working with Project Management and/or Construction Management
· Ability to read and interpret blue prints
· Reading and understanding of technical manuals and schematics
· Strong communication, leadership, organizational, problem solving, and time-management skills
· Knowledge of local, state, and federal building code regulations
· Ability to speak effectively with customers one-on-one
· Minimum 3+ years related experience and/or training in cost estimation or equivalent combination of experience and training highly recommended
· Ability to multi-task
Physical Demands and Working Environment
· Fast-paced environment
· Work is performed in a standard office work environment.
· Approximately 80% of duties performed are in a seated position. The employee must reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and an ability to adjust focus.
· Travel required.
The Arcticom Group
Get fresh Construction Installation jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.