The Arcanum Group is seeking a Junior Contract Support Specialist in Temple, TX. This position will be responsible for performing routine contracting tasks, such as acquisition planning, preparing solicitations, proposal analysis and post-award activities in support of less complex government acquisitions. The Junior Contract Support Specialist will assist with the close out of existing contracts as needed. Work includes preparing portions of less complex contractual documents and reading and interpreting basic procurement regulations, policies and directives to make recommendations to the Contracting Officer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, analyze and review all applicable policies, guidance and regulations to make contracting recommendations to support the customer and the Government Contracting in their decision-making.
- Provide procurement assistance, advice, and guidance to the customer as requested.
- Advise acquisition team as needed on price, cost, and/or financial related matters throughout the development of sourcing strategies and throughout the solicitation, evaluation, negotiation, and award of contractual actions for supplies and services.
- Provide cost and price analysis recommendations as requested regarding independent government estimates to determine price reasonableness.
- Recommend business solutions to day-to-day contractual challenges.
- Perform acquisition strategy planning, requirements review and Performance Work Statement (PWS)/Statement of Work (SOW) development in collaboration with customers, source selection support, synopsis and solicitation development, preparing mandatory contract file documentation, contract management and administration.
- Preparation of contract files, electronic documents and reports.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required. Coursework must have included at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
- Two (2) years of federal contracting experience is required.
The Arcanum Group is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. The Arcanum Group provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws.
David and Anne Waters founded The Arcanum Group in 2001 and have led its development into the trusted provider of government technology and program solutions it is today.
Committed to the well-being of employees and their families.
The Arcanum Group invests in the professional and personal well-being of our employees and their families. When we are all well-cared for, we are able to work hard together toward success for our clients and for ourselves.
Dedicated to Veterans.
As an Air Force Veteran, David Waters and all of The Arcanum Group are dedicated to serving the Veteran community. Our Hire Vets First program shows preference for U.S. military veterans and their family members.