The Arcanum Group is seeking a part time Assistant Education Advisor in Tacoma, Washington. This position will be responsible for providing academic advisement to U.S. Air Force members and their dependents in support of the U.S. Air Force voluntary off-duty education program. This is a part time position, with approximately 30 hours of work per week. Work will be performed between the hours of 7:30 am and 4:30 pm, M-F.
- Provides information, guidance, registration and administrative assistance regarding various education options and forms to active duty AF personnel.
- Provides information regarding Air Force tuition assistance, VA education benefits, federal financial assistance programs, local scholarships, and Air Force Aid Society grants to all eligible personnel.
- Processes AF TA forms via the AFAEMS software program.
- Refers students to the appropriate academic institution representative for registration and enrollment in courses or programs that pertain to their education goals along with advising them of appropriate tests to take and administering pre-tests and non-timed interest and placement tests as appropriate to the individual counseling process.
- Assists AF students in changing education level codes by preparing appropriate correspondence, forms, and academic documentation required to update individual AF personnel records with their current educational status.
- Prepares all necessary correspondence and forms and maintains related records and logs required to support all aspects of job tasks.
- Maintains statistical data as required by the Chief, Education Services Flight and assisting with reports and other administrative tasks.
- Plans and executes graduation ceremonies.
- Assists with publishing a periodic Education newsletter, updating Education Center handouts as needed, and maintaining the local web site.
- Assists with annual recruitment campaigns for ACSC and AWC base seminars.
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited American college or university is required. Master’s degree and/or 15-30 semester hours in counseling, secondary education or a related discipline is highly desired.
- Must be familiar with DANTES test programs and test-administration
- Appropriate related professional work or volunteer experience of at least 1 year is required.
- Knowledge of/experience with Air Force terminology, office procedures, and education programs, plus familiarity/facility with WINDOWS XP/Vista, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access is required.
- Excellent customer service skills and verbal communication skills are essential.
The Arcanum Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.