Line Cook Prep Cook Part Time
The Arc of they Bay/ St. Andrew Bay Center Panama City, FL
- Expired: September 04, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Description ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: · Ensure ingredients and final product are fresh · Follow recipes, including measuring, weighing, and mixing ingredients · Bake, grill, steam, and boil meats, vegetables, fish, poultry, and other foods · Present, garnish, and arrange final dishes · Occasionally serve food · Maintain a clean and safe work area, including handling utensils, equipment, and dishes · Handle and store ingredients and food safely · Maintain food safety and sanitation standards · Assisting other cooks to ensure food orders are prepared correctly and in a timely manner · Monitoring supplies and re-ordering stock as needed · Efficiently resolving issues with customer orders · Work quickly in a fast paced environment under pressure · Performs other related duties as assigned. MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: · Previous experience in working with individuals with disabilities. · Experience working in restaurants.
· Experience with coffee is preferred. · Must possess a belief in worth of individuals with disabilities. · Must have excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
· Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule. · Must be cordial and polite when dealing with customers. · Must be able to speak, write, and comprehend English language.
LICENSES AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS: Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver's License acceptable to the Agency and the Agency Insurance Carrier, or the ability to obtain within time limits established by the State of Florida. Must also posess a ServSafe Food Protection Manager’s Certification or SafeStaff Foodhandler’s Certification. KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES: · Knowledge of and ability work a restaurant hot line · Knowledge of and ability to use point of sale software and equipment.
· Knowledge of the Bay County area. · Excellent oral and written communication skills. · Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with other employees.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: Work is primarily performed in an indoor, climate-controlled environment and requires moderate exposure to disagreeable elements (e.g., irate customer and clients, extreme noise, heat, odors, heights and/or dust). This position requires stooping, crouching, walking, pulling, lifting, grasping, hearing, visual acuity (i.e., seeing up close, seeing far away, depth perception), kneeling, reaching, pushing, talking, standing, climbing, finger movement, repetitive motions.
This position requires frequent lifting of 10-25lbs, and may require lifting up to 50 lbs. Company Description The Arc of the Bay, St. Andrew Bay Center, Inc is a not for profit Florida Corporation established in 1957 by a group of parents and friends of children with developmental disabilities.
These children were not allowed to go to public schools, so this group established a day care program for them to attend. As the years passed, the children could attend public schools and adults participated in a variety of programs. We now work with Adults, in two different settings: Adult Day Training and Employment Services.
Funding for the programs are from various sources such as the Department of Children and Families, Development Services, General Revenue, Medicaid Waiver, Department of Vocational Rehabilitation, Private pay for services, the United Way, and Fundraisers.
The Arc of they Bay/ St. Andrew Bay Center
AddressPanama City, FL
FoodView all jobs at The Arc of they Bay/ St. Andrew Bay Center