Program Manager (Residential) ($56,710K)
- Posted: February 01, 2023
- $56,710 Yearly
About the Organization:
The Arc Prince George's County serves more than 600 individuals with disabilities through a variety of programs, services and supports. Our primary areas of support are community living, family and personal supports, employment services, and day programs - all with an emphasis on person-centered community involvement and inclusion. To learn more about us and to review the complete job description, please visit www.thearcofpgc.org.
The Arc is seeking for a full-time Program Manager oversees all direct support professionals for their assigned homes. The Program Manager ensures that all services and supports are person-centered and promotes a culture of advocacy within the residential homes.
At The Arc personal choice means:
C - Collaborating with the individual to meet their goals
H - Having a Humanistic perspective and approach
O - Using your keen Observation skills to guide and mentor
I - Inclusion in the community by actively getting out and involved
C - Community/Citizenship involvement
E - Enhancing the life of the individual
Key Competencies Required:
Advocacy (Encouraging and supporting people in expressing their choices, dreams, goals and rights)
Communication (Actively listening to the person we support based on their preferred method of communicating, and collaborating with their natural supports and community)
Relationship building (Creating opportunities for people to build friendships, make connections and develop meaningful relationships in an inclusive environment)
Here's a Snapshot of What You'll Be Doing Day-to-Day:
The Program Manager will have administrative responsibility for the individuals with disabilities (hereinafter "individuals"), staff, and facilities, as well as a broad range of program-wide administrative issues. This position requires a commitment to individual choice and community integration and inclusion. Travel by car is necessary and a great deal of time will be spent in individual houses/sites. The position requires responding to emergencies during and after hours, and on weekends as needed.
Individualized Supports and Program Planning
1. Primarily responsible for tracking and possibly carrying out and documenting all medical appointments for the individuals.
2. Coordinates Behavior Support Plan development and documentation in accordance with the regulations and recommendations of the team.
3. Works with the individual and his/her team to develop, monitor, and supervise the implementation of the Person Centered Plan.
4. Identifies and coordinates needed services in conjunction with the team planning process.
5. Ensures/enforces protection of Individuals' rights and encourages self-advocacy.
1. Works with the Community Living Director to develop a fiscal budget that is consistent with the needs of the individuals.
2. Develops proposals and budgets for temporary funding and program expansions.
3. Ensures that homes operate appropriately and within budget guidelines, and maintains the highest possible quality of living standards.
4. Makes cost-effective purchasing and repair decisions.
5. Accurately oversees all accounting documentation to include timesheets, monthly financials, and house petty cash ledgers, checking each for appropriateness of expenditures.
6. Monitors program participants' financial records as indicated in the Person Centered Plan
7. Reviews budget sheets, travel vouchers, and timesheets for appropriateness. Prepares purchase orders and maintains individual budget accounting reports.
Community Participation and Integration
1. Supervises support staff to encourage and monitor frequent and consistent community outings.
2. Ensures appropriate use of community resources.
3. Ensures natural support network is used and family members and friends are included in activity planning and participation.
4. Provides information about community activities and resources to individuals.
Home Quality and Safety
1. Ensures that homes, grounds, and equipment are maintained and meet all regulation requirements for state and county licensing.
2. In cooperation with the Director of Quality Assurance, the Program Manager performs periodic site evaluations as frequently as determined by the Director of Community Living and recommended by the QA Director.
3. Develop resources for resolving maintenance needs and purchasing.
4. Provide shift coverage during emergencies.
Communication and Documentation
1. Uses effective, respectful, and frequent communication with the individual and the individual's family members and/or other interested parties.
2. Actively participates in team meetings, taking meeting minutes and documenting decisions.
3. Communicates in a respectful and positive manner with the family to ensure appropriate support provision to the individual.
4. Facilitates flow of communication between different divisions of the agency, parents, other service providers, medical professionals, and the individuals we support.
5. Communicates the functions, services, operating philosophies, and policies and procedures to individuals, families, and other interested parties.
Health Services Monitoring
1. Maintains health and safety of program participants as indicated in their Person Center Plans
2. Monitors routine and emergency medical/dental services and medication reviews as appropriate.
3. Ensures staff monitors meals (to ensure nutritional value) and/or consumer hygiene practices.
1. Models initiative and creative problem solving, especially in relation to staff conflicts.
2. Demonstrates appropriate workplace behavior, modeling the agency's philosophy.
3. Demonstrates positive role-model behavior.
4. Maintains confidentiality in relation to individuals and staff issues.
1. Responsible for supervising Community Living Support Staff.
2. Interviews, hires, evaluate, and terminates the employment of staff members with the input of the Program Administrator.
3. Assures adherence to policies and procedures via training and feedback.
4. Provides individualized orientation to new staff members, mentors and provides feedback.
5. Conducts team meetings as designated.
Mental, Physical, & Visual Demands:
Position requires strict attention to detail, follow-up, and ability to function under an unusually high level of stress at times.
Normal office environment; strong computer and communication and interpersonal skills.
This position description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions, and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions or duties may be assigned and management retains the right to add to, or change the duties of this position at any time.
You are the Ideal Candidate If You Have:
Strong interpersonal skills, be customer service-oriented and have excellent computer skills. Minimum high school diploma and 2 years of supervisory experience working with people with disabilities. Must have knowledge of community resources available in Prince George's County, strong organizational skills and demonstrate an intensive understanding of the agency's vision in terms of the importance of recognizing and honoring the individuals' preferences and choices.
The Arc of Prince Georges County In
1401 McCormick DrUpper Marlboro, MD
Sign up to go to the application