Special Education Teacher
The Arc Wayne Newark, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Special Education Teacher - Preschool Classroom (Summer session 7/6 - 8/13/21)
At The Arc Wayne of Newark, NY,we are currently hiring a full-time Special Education Teacher - Preschool Classroom (Summer session 7/6 - 8/13/21), for our Roosevelt Children's Center, to be responsible for the plan and implementation of individualized special education programs in the Toddler Development class.
All COVID-19 safety requirements are strictly adhered to at The Arc Wayne and all PPE are provided for all employees. The safety of the individuals we support and the safety of our employees are both very important to The Arc Wayne. Training on all safety requirements will be provided during the onboarding process.
ABOUT US: The Arc Wayne, a parent-based organization, advocates for and supports persons of all ages with or without disabilities. We assist individuals in taking them full, independent, productive place in society through an array of quality, individualized services. With compassion, understanding, and support, we connect individuals and families to a world of possibilities that promote independence. We are person-centered, respectful, reliable, inclusive, and dedicated to our community!
Special Education Teacher - Preschool Classroom Responsibilities:
- Plans and implements special education program in all disciplines are involved in each individual child's program, and as a team leader, assesses, plans, and carries out objectives for every child in areas of cognition, gross motor, fine motor, self-help, social/emotional and behavioral management skills as outlined on the IEP.
- Provide all children with developmentally appropriate preschool experiences that will maximize their skill development in all areas consistent with the High/Scope curriculum, NYS Early Learning Guidelines and EC-PBIS practices.
- Completes required paperwork on an ongoing basis including but not limited to: data collection for IEP benchmark progress reports with frequency as stated on the IEP (three or four times a year), on-line IEP development, completion of yearly progress reports and regression documentation, collection of behavioral data as required, ongoing review of 1:1 aide data making appropriate changes as indicated and monitoring the collection of daily anecdotal classroom records.
- Ec-PBIS positive approaches outlined in the Inventory of Practices for Promoting Social Emotional Competence on a consistent basis.
- Actively engages with students on a consistent basis including interacting using verbal and nonverbal means through structured and unstructured activities.
- Consistent displays use of reflective listening and conflict resolution techniques to support development of coping skills as well as enhanced independent problems solving and positive social interactions within the classroom.
- Supervisors and evaluations ECls, teacher assistant/aides(s), 1:1/1:2 teacher aides, volunteers, interns, and foster grandparents in the classroom including bi-weekly timesheets, quarterly reviews, and yearly performance appraisal.
- Coordinates and delegates all classroom activities and tasks; shows continued leadership skills with the classroom team by promoting daily communication with all team members and clarifying performance expectations on a regular basis.
- Responsible for assuring the personal safety of children in all settings throughout the day including a gym and outside play.
- Establishes and maintains good report with parent(s)/guardian(s), responsive to parent/guardian suggestions and concerns on an ongoing basis; responsible for at least weekly correspondence with parent(s)/guardians and daily when asked to do so, as well as phone calls when needed.
- Plans and implements two conferences per year with the parent(s)/guardian(s) of preschoolers with special needs and a minimum of one conference with parents of typically developing youngsters. The purpose of these conferences is to encourage parent/guardian involvement in program goals and carryover of goals at home, review progress and/or IEP development for the following school year.
- Provide an agenda for and facilitates weekly interdisciplinary team meeting for the purpose of assessment, planning, information sharing, and carryover strategies for objectives in all skill areas consistent with the High/Scope curriculum, NYS Early Learning Guidelines and EC-PBIS practices.
- Plans and directs the preparation and maintenance of classroom materials. Responsible for final decisions regarding supplies and equipment requisitions as well as maintenance of the room per daycare regulations.
- Learn from related service professionals the use of specialized equipment/ techniques where necessary, and is responsible for the carryover of therapy programs in the classroom.
- Shows use and implementation of specialized skills as required (e.g. TEACCH, ABA).
- Participations in staff development, service training and conference programmes to gain knowledge about curriculum development, early childhood issues, therapy techniques, teaching strategies, etc. to better meet the needs of young children; this will include further High/Scope, NYS Early Learning Guidelines, and EC-PBIS training opportunities to improve program implementation.
- Additionally, if applicable, attend and maintain records of Continuing Teacher & Leader Education (CTLE) opportunities required to maintain certification.
- Attend Committee on Preschool Special Education annual review meetings, Early Intervention IFSP progress meetings, and others on special request.
- Participants in parent counseling and training services focus on the IEP.
- Annually selects and coordinates a minimum of one program-wide duty (i.e. coordinate Fall Festival) to support overall programmatic needs.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 7:45am - 3:45pm (Summer Session)
Work Location: Roosevelt Children's Center
The Arc Wayne Benefits for eligible positions:
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
Special Education Teacher - Preschool Classroom (Summer session 7/6 - 8/13/21) Qualifications:
- B.S. in Special Education-Provisional Certification Area N-12, working toward Permanent Certification or
- B.S. in Special Education-lnitial Certification Area Birth-Grade 2, working toward Professional Certification.
Apply now to join The Arc Wayne team!
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
The Arc Wayne
EducationView all jobs at The Arc Wayne