- Posted: over a month ago
The Arc, Oneida-Lewis Chapter is seeking to fill our Senior Mentor role! In this positon you will ensure implementation of the person we support's LIFEPlan and Staff Action Plan by providing direct care, training, and supervision to the extent required. You will be utilizing as many community based resources and supports as appropriate to the plan.
Oneida County - Utica and Rome area
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship with the person we support, working with the person and other team members to help determine and achieve valued outcomes for the individual.
- Actively works with the person to promote choices and preferences and direct care.
- Demonstrate appropriate training skills and understanding of active treatment, age appropriateness and functional programming, both one-to-one and in group activities.
- Record and maintain progress reports on the implementation of the Day Habilitation Plan.
- Provide transportation for outings within the community, following established policies and procedures regarding the use of agency vehicles.
- Recognize and reports positive/negative responses to activities, as well as physical symptoms and other concerns to the appropriate team member promptly.
- Associate Degree in Human Services or related field (Or)
- High School Diploma/GED and, one year of experience in working with persons with developmental disabilities, or in an educational setting, or in a health care facility
- Valid NYS Drivers License
The Arc firmly believes in and subscribes to fair employment practices and opens its facilities to every qualified person. In all employment practices, and related decisions, we are committed to prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, military status, domestic violence victim status, non-job related conviction record, Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable law.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
The Arc Oneida-Lewis
ScienceView all jobs at The Arc Oneida-Lewis